electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP51HW40 CRT Tube Repairs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbkd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Sony KP51HW40 CRT Tube Repairs Reply with quote

I have a Sony KP51HW40 projection TV that when it turns on goes to a blue screen that quickly fades to black. I'm told I need to replace the Blue CRT Tube. It's going to cost $500, which I'm willing to spend, but I'm concerned it won't match the brightness of the other 5 year old red and green tubes. Anyone know anything about this issue?
gary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont know the exact model but the sonys i work on have an auto greyscale circuit that will balance the emission of the crts so that the brightness will be the same for all 3 colours providing, a) the a1 voltages are set correctly and b) the other 2 are within specification, on a 5 year old tv there should be no problems at all with changing just 1 crt, i have done it on older ones with no problems.
cory

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this model has a problem.you need to replace all 3 crts.and 3 resistors as well.i believe the blue crt is not available anymore.but sony had a problem with these tubes.the fix was all 3 tubes to be replaced.not cost effective.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#A1502022A blue crt. List $146.00. There was a major problem with the serial numbers starting say 900@@@@ range. Video display is also a good source for tubes. Take the plastic handle of a screw driver and tap on the crt board. If the blue takes over the screen then flickers back to normal gray scale tube is bad. If it doesn't, simply turn down the blue screen control and you'll be fine.
jagid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Blue tube ? Reply with quote

what is the deal with these KP-51HW40" sony's, i had mine for 4 years now it is going blue??? what do i do?
cory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive personally done over 100 sets.needs all 3 crts and three resistors depending on serial number.blue crt not available any more i believe.adjusting screen will fix only temporarily,not a real fix.set is junk.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.videodisplay.com/

They will rebuild the tube/tubes. Screw doing all 3. I just do the one that's bad for now. If you do all 3 you may as well buy a new set. The story behind the tubes is the mfr used phillips tubes. End of story. It's sad. I don't do the resistors because there's no real value in doing it. The tubes tolerance was way off to be used in the sets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия