electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips FSQ Vision - Tuning and colour problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Philips FSQ Vision - Tuning and colour problem Reply with quote

Hello,

For last two weeks or so my old Philips FSQ Vision has started forgetting tuning and colour settings. I have set a Sky box at channel 9. When I switch the TV off or put it on standby it forget its setting and every time I have to tune again and turn the colours on to make the picture coloured.

Any simple fix to this problem?

Regards
gary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

replace the internal memory backup battery, 1.2v or 2.4v depending on model.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:

Thanks for your response. I will try this.

Regards
msu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:

Today I opened my TV. The only thing that appears very close to backup battery is a two sectional yellow round item (like capacitor but in paper casing rather than plastic), joint togather through a strip and placed horizonally just behind the main control knobs. They have flat strip connection to circuit board. It is showing only 0.023V (with TV off) and the only thing I can read is a + sign on one section and letters CLC.

Any idea what size of batteries they are (1.2 or 2.4V) and can I use any other backup batteries (say computer bios, or simple Ni-Cd rechargable batteries) of similar rating?

Thanks
gary

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is the battery, if it is 2 sections in 1 tube it is a 2.4v nicad battery, dont replace it with a bios battery it may explode as the tv charges the battery when turned on, standard nicads would do the job perfectly as the originals are just 1/2 size nicads.
msu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:
that is the battery, if it is 2 sections in 1 tube it is a 2.4v nicad battery, dont replace it with a bios battery it may explode as the tv charges the battery when turned on, standard nicads would do the job perfectly as the originals are just 1/2 size nicads.

Thank you for your response gary.

The battery is in two section and in two small tubes (connected togather through a stip). As per your suggestion I will use a pair of rechargeable Ni-Cd batteries (1.2V each). I wonder if I should go for AAA or AA type?

Regards
gary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't matter as current required is very low.
coiki

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips FSQ Vision - Tuning and colour problem Reply with quote

msu wrote:
Hello,

For last two weeks or so my old Philips FSQ Vision has started forgetting tuning and colour settings. I have set a Sky box at channel 9. When I switch the TV off or put it on standby it forget its setting and every time I have to tune again and turn the colours on to make the picture coloured.

Any simple fix to this problem?

Regards

hi! i just bought an old philips FSQ vision... and i was trying to set up my universal remote control but i just can't find the code!! do you know any code that might work??

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips FSQ Vision - Tuning and colour problem Reply with quote

coiki wrote:

hi! i just bought an old philips FSQ vision... and i was trying to set up my universal remote control but i just can't find the code!! do you know any code that might work??

Are you trying to use sky/ ntl remote or any other after market universal remote?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Philips FSQ Vision - Tuning and colour problem Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
coiki wrote:

Are you trying to use sky/ ntl remote or any other after market universal remote?

yes! i live in spain i'm trying to use a sort-of-direcTV system, called Imagenio, wich uses a decoder called.. iCan3100TW by ADB, thanks! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия