electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
/sony KV-32S26
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: /sony KV-32S26 Reply with quote

My Sony KV-32S26 is dead. Will not power on at all. Any suggestions or any known common failures to look for??
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check R606, should be a white .10 ohm resistor to see if it's open.
Kevin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Sony KV-32S26 Reply with quote

I will check it thursday when I am off work and let you know. I assume this is a common failure in these sets. Are there any other common failures in this model?

Kevin
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Sony KV-32S26 Reply with quote

R607 is open, it was not R606, also the two 2SC4834 transistors on the power supply are shorted also, removed from the board to verify. Dead shorted any way they are tested. Checked the filter caps and they are ok.
Do you see this often in this model?? Looks like they run pretty hot based on the discoloration of the board. Any chance replacing them and the blown R607 will make it come alive??
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No replacing it alone wont fix it, R607, the 2 2sc4834 and change the horizontal out put transistor. Now fix why it went out solder up the horizontal drive transformer. You see a transformer, solder it.
Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-32S26 Reply with quote

Will NTE sub parts be ok or should I get original??
I did find a site in Canada called Pacific Semiconductor that sell a kit ERK-101 for this model that contains the .10 link, the two 2sc4834's and one other transistor, I will check to see if the horizontal part in the set is the one listed on their site in the kit. Minnie, thanks for your help, I take it you repair tv's etc...
I repair ham radio gear to component level and dabble with tv's I get free from time to time, I thought man this Sony is too nice just to throw away.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it! Most decent places sell repair kits for common failures.
Kevin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Sony KV32S26 Reply with quote

Installed the horizontal transistor, the two swithers on the P.S. board and the .01 ohm link and she works great now. Also soldered up all transformers and other devices that run hot and any suspect solder joints. Thanks for your help on this great forum site.

Kevin
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be good to go for a while. Very Happy
bijal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: /sony KV-32S26 Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
My Sony KV-32S26 is dead. Will not power on at all. Any suggestions or any known common failures to look for??

we have any digital camera spair parts plz manual information plz emai me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия