electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Is there another forum like this one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DannyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Is there another forum like this one? Reply with quote

I posted a question on this forum a few weeks ago and there is still no response. It indicates that more than 70 people have viewed my message but no one is responding.

Does anyone know if there is another forum somewhere, like this one, where I could post my question again? I really need to either fix this Plasmasync or get rid of it. We're in the middle of construction on my home and I can't keep this thing laying around if it's not worth fixing.

Can anyone help? Question
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the price of monitors these days, unless its a special monitor like for high definition CAD work, its not worth fixing.
But to get back to your original question, I have my programmers working on another site that will be on the same lines as this one but you won't be inundated with so many damn ads. I've already got the domain names registered, but it will be a couple of months until its fully operational.
You could also do a Google search. And there are plenty of Usenet newsgroups that you can post your questions to.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
ProDave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends what the problem is. No repply usually means nobody knows the answer, not that you are being ignored.

I post on this forum, and also on avforums.com Depending upon what I am asking, sometimes this forum gives me the answer I need, sometimes the other one.

I generally find it's best to ask the same question on many forums, and usually someone somewhere will know the answer.

Another good place for forums (mostly for digital tv) is digitalspy.co.uk
ManualDirectory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with PGelsman on this one, monitors are so cheap their not worth looking at, i have a 19" on the left of me that flicks with a spark been doing it for a couple of months now i know what is wrong with it but i cant be bothered to take the back off so will buy a new one and put this one in my recycling skip.
DannyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I will try to find other forums.

I don't think I mentioned that this is a 42" Plasma display that is in really good condition except for a black bar in the picture. It would cost at least $1200 to get something similar and closer to $2000 to get a monitor with the same features (resolution etc...) so I'm willing to try fixing it first.

I haven't even opened the unit yet because I need to clean a spot on my work bench that's big enough to accomodate the size of this thing.

Thanks again!
cory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a black bar depending on width usually means the ic on the buffer pcb bad.it draws about 16 lines each one.
witam40231

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely a bad panel!
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these posts and you still have failed to mention the Make and model number. Why don't you post that info and maybe I have a manual for it.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
bbp1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Dannyboy Reply with quote

Reading your petulant posts, it seems you are one of these modern wankers who expect everything for nothing- the responses on this forum are provided by dinkum people who try to help genuine people- the statement you can,t be bothered to clear your bench to even investigate the perceived problem- means you are on your own- user!. Shocked
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cory is right. Depending on the brand it's either a buffer board or a driver board, the model # probably would have got you a faster response. If you weren't here just to bitch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия