electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sharp 28LF-92H coloured circles distort display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marharr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Sharp 28LF-92H coloured circles distort display Reply with quote

I turned on the television and there was a problem with the colour. At a setting where the display would normally be all black, there is a green circle in the middle, surrounded by red and then blue circles like a target. I can still watch a display, but the colours are distorted in these circles.

Is anyone able to suggest what the problem might be and how much I could expect to pay to fix it.

Thanks very much
cathyaod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Sharp 28LF-92H Reply with quote

hey, my tv has done the exact same thing since last nite, i rang Sharp and the cowboys put me in touch with an engineer that will charge me god knows how much to even look a it.. am very pee'd off, it's not even 2yrs old. Can you post if you have any joy finding out what the problem isd
qattys1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Sharp 28LF-92H coloured circles distort display Reply with quote

Same problem. Ruined Christmas viewing for us. does anyone have any ideas?
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a degaussing problem. Either you have bad solder connections on the degaussing relay or the relay is shot. Every time you start the set cold it should degause to crt. If it doesn't you will have weird colors on the screen. OR, you have unshielded speakers near the set.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine has just done the same, does anyone have any info on the component location before i pull it apart?

i would like to fix it myself and have some experience in electronics. is there a cheat to degauss it?

any help much appreciated!
Broken Ankle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i left the last post hoping for help....

i have now broken my ankle so will want to spend lots of time with my nice shiny multicoloured tv... someone help me please! i cant get used to people having blue faces and green surroundings! lol
cory

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is an item called a degaussing coil,every repair shop will have one.but if you want to check yourself, degauss coil goes around tube, follow the plug onto the main pcb.then you will see really nearby possibly black square plastic component.check for poor solder connections on it.
broken ankle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, ive had the back off.... the degaussing ring connects to a small riser board connected to the main pcb. there are no little black components or relays i can see.

from what i have been reading the degausse can be done manually using magnets and a drill.... i have these items nearly ready so will be attacking once more shortly!

it seems rediculous that an 18 month old tv has done this!
gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont put magnets near the set that will only make it worse, you need to replace the degauss thermistor, there is a large coil in a sort of figure 8 shape arouund the crt, where that plugs into the pcb there will be a white block approx 15 cube with 2 or 3 legs, its pcb prefix will probably be "TH" thats the part you need to change

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary, i will have another look when i get a moment free. i think perhaps i was looking at the wrong part before so will check once more!

the drill job i tried before reading your post but it did have a positive effect, sadly no cure though.......

will hopefully have some news soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия