electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-28EW20U - diagnostic code - 11 blinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
podgorny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-28EW20U - diagnostic code - 11 blinks Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Sony KV-28EW20U. Recently it died and the standby light started flashing 11 times. I downloaded the service manual and the error code snags "Jungle Controller 8v Error". Although I'm an engineer, with some experience of component level electronics, I have no idea where to start looking for this fault. What is a "Jungle Controller"? Any ideas of the
components I should change/test. I don't have the facility to adequately protect myself for any live fault finding, so everything I do will be with the unit dead. Any help anyone can give will be greatly appreciated.

Mick
gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 flashes on that set often misleads people, microo diagnoses no 8v supply but actual fault is often a short circuit line output transistor shutting main psu down, if line output transistor is s/c check for dry joints on line drive transformer, if none present the line output transformer will be the cause of the problem
podgorny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gary,

are the line output transistor and transformer on the main board? I've had a scan through the board diagram and can't identify them. As I said I'm no expert so need a wee bit of guidance Embarassed

From information I got elsewhere, so far I've checked Q601,Q602, Q603, Q607. None of which are short circuit Question Question Question

As I said, I am an engineer, an aircraft engineer. So if any of you have trouble with your B757,B767 or Airbus A319,320 or 321 just gimme a shout, I'm your man Very Happy

Ta
gary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the line output transistor is q533, its on a heatsink near the back of the set, measure the resistance of the collector to ground it will probably be well under 10r, it should be in excess of 50k. the line drive transformer is t535, also worth checking for dry joints around q535. the line output transformer is the large black or grey coloured unit with the lead that goes up to to sucker type connector on the crt, do NOT use a substitute line output transistor, use only a genuine sony item, the copies dont seem to last long, dont forget heat sink compound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия