electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Magnavox 50MF231D shuts down Help please!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandx34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Magnavox 50MF231D shuts down Help please!! Reply with quote

I have 4 of these exact same units and 2 of them are giving me problems with shutting down after about 10 minutes of normal operation, while the other 2 work perfectly fine. After the units shut down, the green power led on the front goes to a flashing red and I have to disconnect from wall socket to power up again. The process repeats after I repower up the TV. I took it to a local and he gave me some garbage about needing a new main power supply pcb. I dont think it has a separate pcb for the power supply. As I dont have a service manual or scematic on this unit, can anyone help me in pinpointing the problem?
Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: 50mf231d Reply with quote

I have this tv. I just sent it out for repair. It's going to be the power supply in the tv. It's going to cost me roughly 500.00 to repair. If you don't have one, be sure to purchase a very strong surge protector for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия