electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
my SAMSUNG SP42W5HFX is blurry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: my SAMSUNG SP42W5HFX is blurry. Reply with quote

can anyone help me, my SAMSUNG SP42W5HFX is blurry, the colour is all mixed up, the screen is disorted, ive tried changing colour, contrast, brightness, but had no luck does anyone no the problem. i was watching football on tv, and every player had a shadow which was orange colour. any help would be appreciated
NOSHA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: SAMSUNG SP42W5HFX Reply with quote

Hi there i know what the problem with your T.V. i have the same model which was brought for me about three years ago,which cost £1,100

its the convergence tube, and the main board...i have been making some calls to get the parts....and it's not cheap!

ASSY PCB MAIN £327.48
CRT (COULD BE RED,BLUE,GREEN?) £186.36

these people are taking the p++S with the prices and im writing a letter to Samsung U.K. to complain as the T.V. is only three years old and most T.V. repair companies will not go a rear projection T.V.
It seems to me that there is a fault with model as i was on line looking for prices for the parts and it has brought me to you!

here are some numbers that might be usefull
Visual FX 01708 381 896...these people gave me an estimate of £700!
to repair the crock of S==t

C.P.C supply parts for Samsung 0870 120 2530 but they quoted me more than Visual F.X.
Hope you get the T.V. fixed...nosha!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can u give some more info on the fault are all the colours out of focus or just 1 did it go all at once or get worse over time?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

done 4 0r 5 of these in last couple of months never had a tube go so far and i can repair it alot less than the estimate above even if it is

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are having the same problem if someone can get back to me at [email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i have the same problem could u get back to me [email protected]
cory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont replace main pcb.just replace 2 convergence ics(usually stk392-040) and check 2 pico fuses(3.5a).
cory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost forgot check all 3.9 ohm resistors as well.
MarcellaL

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had some similar problems with my Samsung TV I found a great solution in one of the tech support site. I am sure they can help you too.

Here is the page for Samsung SP42 Support
Samsung SP42 Support

Hope it helps, let me know I'm curious,

Marcella
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия