electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Problem with 300W ATX Power Supply

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srinath_adipudi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Problem with 300W ATX Power Supply Reply with quote

hi this is srinath. i have a problem with my SMPS. Actually it power up only for 2 sec. and then i shuts down. i removed it and i switched on the power supply by shorting the Green and the Black pins. same thing repeats it starts and then shuts off. i thought it must be the loaded but switching on the power supply without anyting should work. please i need help on this please

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you power up the supply with no load you will blow it up!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not blow it up. I had one PSU that shut itself down immediately. It was the big rectifying diode after the 5VSB transformer. Also, you will have to connect a dummy load, such as an old CD-ROM drive.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Problem with 300W ATX Power Supply Reply with quote

What's the cheaper option?
A faulty power unit AND a wrecked motherboard, cpu etc. or simply replacing a power supply. It wouldn't do any harm to replace the power unit anyway as they are cheap and if it works then you have just provided a bit of preventive maintenance as the capacitors etc are new.
shadow99

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is most likely bad electrolytic capacitors. Bad ones are easy to spot, they'll be bulged at the top of the can and/or leaking brown crud.
This problem affects alot of equipment, motherboards, etc..
They can be replaced.
For more info:
www.badcaps.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия