electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
AC Amps measurements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: AC Amps measurements Reply with quote

I found this old tranformer from an old tube tv, is 120v input and about 140v output, so i can build myself an Isolation Transformer,and i'm trying to know how many amps does it put out, i already blew a fuse out by measuring the same way we measure volts with the AC A setting in the meter 88V, is there another way to measure amps , i never studed it deeply because never had to use the amps side, do i have to use some resistor in series with it,can some one please explain it to me but not so technicaly speaking. thanks guys
RODALCO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: 120 Volts TX Reply with quote

Frank, What is your mains voltage in your country ? ( 110, 220 ?)

If you put 220 Volts on a 120 Volts TX, you are likely to blow a fuse and may damage the TX.

What is the fisical size of the TX core ?

You say the TX is from an old tube TV, what was the nameplate rating ?
That will give you an approx idea.

I would guess that it is something in the range from 100 VA to 300 VA.

You can draw about 1 to 2 Amps from it. Put a 200 Watt lamp in series as a resistor during testing, when not sure if a short is present.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kilowattclassroom.com/Archive/AN0006.pdf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank, What is your mains voltage in your country ? ( 110, 220 ?)

If you put 220 Volts on a 120 Volts TX, you are likely to blow a fuse and may damage the TX.

What is the fisical size of the TX core ?

You say the TX is from an old tube TV, what was the nameplate rating ?
That will give you an approx idea.

Thanks for your help. I 'm in USA, V 110, the size is the size of a 300w that i have but is a step down TX 220 to 110,
it has no imfo, no plate nothing,
i have built myself a SSPL (Simple Series Power Limiter}and have a 200w bulb , i'll try that. Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия