electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Vaio PCG-GRV516g Power jack broken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonah

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Sony Vaio PCG-GRV516g Power jack broken Reply with quote

Hi i've done a quick search but can't seem to find an answer so thought i'd look here.
I have a Sony Vaio PCG-GRV515g laptop which has a broken Jack power connector. I've now replaced the laptop with a new one but would like to try and fix the jack if possible. I beliee te Jack is connected directly to the mother board from what i can see but rather than rplace the mother board is it possible to simply buy a new jack and solder it to the mother board. Also is there anywhere i can find a repair manual for this model cheaply as it looks like a krypton factor test to strip it down?

Many thansk in advance
Jonah
guerru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same model of sony vaio and also have problem with power in the motherboard. I`ve tried to get any manual of components but no luck at all. If you have any progress please let me know @ [email protected]

Thanks
Boris 69

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem, got a new jack of Ebay for £2.50. You have to take the MB right out to fit the new one. Easy taking it out if you're careful and patient.
Yanni

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris 69 wrote:
Same problem, got a new jack of Ebay for £2.50. You have to take the MB right out to fit the new one. Easy taking it out if you're careful and patient.

How do you take it out?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия