electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Need advice on fixing a NEC 4210W Plasmasync Monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DannyBoy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Need advice on fixing a NEC 4210W Plasmasync Monitor Reply with quote

I have a NEC 4210W Plasmasync Monitor (Model PX-42M5A) that has 2 bars, one black, one white, going approxomately a thrid-way up the screen from the bottom on the left side.

I have basic electronic skills (I used to work on an assembly line producing power supplies) but cannot locate any technical information about this unit. Another posting on this forum suggested that the manuals were few and far between and not very helpful anyway.

Other than the bars and the fact that I don't have a compatible remote the monitor works great. Unfortunately the bars are large enough to be annoying at best.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, any idea what it might cost to hire someone else to fix this if I chicken-out?

One last question, it is hard to locate spare parts such as a new remote on NEC's website. They only seem to carry for more current models. And I didn't see anything on eBay, any thoughts on where I might pick up spare parts or at least find out what newer model is compatible?

Thanks!
DannyBoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Perhaps a diagnostic mode? Reply with quote

Almost a week and still no replies.

Does anyone perhaps know if there is a diagnostic mode on the NEC Plasmasync or other NEC monitors?
frank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: bars Reply with quote

That would be a problem in 1 of three places, the plasma panel ( screen) is devided into segments, the driver boards drive each segment, you either have a dead driver board or the power to the driverboard has failed. Or...
that segment in the panel has failed, which means you need a new plasma panel. Crying or Very sad

Frank
DannyBoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thanks Frank.

I don't know if you are speaking from general knowledge of plasma screens or if you know the specifics of the NEC, but could you describe how to find the "driver boards"?

Also, are driver boards somewhat generic or will I need to get a replacement from NEC? I hear that NEC is horrible to deal with, which is why I would never buy anything from them (this unit was given to me).

Thanks again!
NECPLASMAOWNER

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: 42 mp REPAIR Reply with quote

Hi

Did you ever get a result from this? I have a 42 MP3 which yesterday came up with a one inch wide black vertical bar on the left hand side about 2 inches in. It sounds a lot like your problem.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The driver boards are located on the bottom of the set. Your sustain boards are the boards on the left and right hand side that attach to the panel. Your digital boards are middle of the set on top of the driver board and your power supply is normally middle top board.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия