electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
computer wil not recognize router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenray

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: computer wil not recognize router Reply with quote

My daughter recently moved in with me and brought her computer with her. I have comcast broadband and tried connecting her through a router. Unfortunately her computer will not connect to the internet through the router. Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: computer wil not recognize router Reply with quote

kenray wrote:
My daughter recently moved in with me and brought her computer with her. I have comcast broadband and tried connecting her through a router. Unfortunately her computer will not connect to the internet through the router. Does anyone know what I can do to remedy this?

check that the router has DHCP turned on and that the PC you are connecting is expecting a DHCP server for an IP address.
In internet options make sure the "never dial a connection " is enabled.
connect with a standard network lead and make sure the network card is enabled and working. ( check fo connection light on router is lit)
JamHussla

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: computer wil not recognize router Reply with quote

kenray wrote:

What operating system is your daughter's computer using?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kenray

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she has a dell computer and uses internet explorer to surf with. is this the information you need? if not let me know what info you need.
shadow99

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you dont say what version of Windows you have, I'll base this on XP.

Right click Network Places (or go to Control Panel, Network Connections) , go to properties. Right click Local Area Network and go to properties. Open the Internet Protocol (tcp/ip) properties and choose to obtain ip and dns automatically. If that wont work, choose "use the following dns server and enter your isp's dns server ip numbers of which you will need to get from them.

Then check for an ip by clicking Start, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt and type this:
ipconfig
then hit Enter
If the router is working and giving the computer an ip it should be something like...192.168......

Keep us updated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия