electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony 27" CRT KV-27TS27 has dim green, can't seem to bri

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patch6

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Sony 27" CRT KV-27TS27 has dim green, can't seem to bri Reply with quote

I tried to adjust the controls on the CRT's circuit board, and also dimming the other colors so that green would look bright in relation, but the color seems dullish still, when comparing this tv's color test pattern to one on a good monitor.

Wondering what can be done about this. Is a CRT rejuvenation of some sort needed?
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CRT is junk.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to give it new life by adding a wire in series to the H1 (heater) pin, that was coiled once around the flyback transformer's metal core. I had to cut out a little space between the copper trace next to that pin to do that with, but now the image looks like new after following the color calibration at h**p://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/tv_grey_scale.htm!

Previous to that, the green color would look a few shades too dark, regardless of how the colors were calibrated.

So much for it being junk.
roadkill

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony 27" CRT KV-27TS27 has dim green, can't seem to Reply with quote

patch6 wrote:
I tried to adjust the controls on the CRT's circuit board, and also dimming the other colors so that green would look bright in relation, but the color seems dullish still, when comparing this tv's color test pattern to one on a good monitor.

Wondering what can be done about this. Is a CRT rejuvenation of some sort needed?

I take it you don't have access to a tube checker/rejuvenator? Did you look to see if the crt board has good solder joints? that can cause a lot of different problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия