electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
phillips tv 27pt5441/37

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: phillips tv 27pt5441/37 Reply with quote

i have a phillips tv only a year old and from what i can tell it is overloading the fuse i have replaced it but it just surges through it and then fries the fuse. if anybody has any suggestions please help.
th
peterd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: phillips tv 27pt5441/37 Reply with quote

We have had two 27pt544/37. Seems like they keep blowing fuses. I called Phillips tech supprt. They asked if I saw any LED's on front. I said they are all completely dark. I asked if there was a reset switch - they said that unplugging and waiting two minutes is the reset. They basically told me to bring it back t Circuit City since it was under 30 days. Sounds like this model has a problem.
NismoZXT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: where is the fuse? Reply with quote

Could someoneone tell me where the fuse is that gets fried and if it's easy to replace? My TV died just outside of the 1year warranty from Circuit City Mad I'm not too interested in forking over half the cost of the TV to get a fuse replaced and I don't have the money to replace it entirely.
Thanks!

Nis
Al_Dodge_Bundy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fuse almost never just blow, without a cause. So just replacing them without repairing the cause is not recommended.

Most of the times, blown fuses are caused by shorted semi conductors in the primairy side of the power supply.

Try to check de diodes and transistor(s) in this primairy cicruit for shorts!

Good Luck,

Mark
NismoZXT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: primary circuit side? Reply with quote

how can I tell what is on the primary circuit side? Also, any visual indication I can look for? or will it be a mutlimeter job? Thanks!

Nis
Al_Dodge_Bundy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The primary circuit is the part from where your power cable enters, till the transformer.

And yes, you should use a multi meter to measure any shorts.

But if you don't have experience in electronics, be carefull while working on this tv, the power supply has many "live" and dangerous high voltages inside!

Grtz Mark
ron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: FUSE blows in the 27PT5441/37 Reply with quote

The reason it blows, you need to replace the Degaussing thermistor,
the odd looking white thing right next to the relay, there is a new sub
from Phillips, I dont have the new part #.
If you unplug the degaussing coil wire, insert new fuse, unit will work,
but the screen will be colored, Ill try to get the part number and post it.
ron

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: 27PT5441/37 Reply with quote

The New Part Number for the Degaussing Thermistor is
Phillips Part # 2122 6630 0019 its two legs not three.
ron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: 27PT5441/37 Reply with quote

Dead set, blows fuse, this TV may also have a problem with the SCR
7404, there is kit replacement Philips part # 4835 3105 7673 which
contains SCR, Two Resistors, Driver Transformer and installation note.
Abel ouellette

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: SCR blows in the 27PT5441/37 Reply with quote

i have the SCR IC in my tv witch is Blows short. I want the information about it FB0413FQPF

Please send me where to find the IC because i loock on the internet and i can't find information about it.

thank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия