electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Mitsubishi VS-5004R Green Screen. I could use some guidance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PigLib

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi VS-5004R Green Screen. I could use some guidance Reply with quote

I have a Mitsubishi Vs-5004R that when powered on the screen is completly green.

I woke up to this problem after the TV had been working perfectly the night before. It was shut off when i went to bed.

After removing the screen i see that only the green projection bulb is coming on. If any of you folks have information (service manual) or experience with this issue your help would be greatly appreciated!

I am aware the this TV is very old (mfg date 1991) and probably not worth putting any money into however i would like to try to repair it as i have experience with electronics and circuit boards, I have just never worked on a TV before.

Thank you in advance for your help!
piglib

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to follow up with some more information...

i have found that when i change inputs to ext-2 i do get all three tubes to come on when you get to the code entry screen (because that input is locked with a code you have to enter) however the normally green lettering (against a blue background) for that code entry screen is washed across the screen almost smeared looking.

As i am sitting here typing the TV just shut off on its own. after being on that ext-2 screen for approx 5 minutes.

I have also checked to make sure that the green tubes coolant has not leaked on to the crt board. as of yet i have found no cold solder joints on any of the three boards (but i just started looking with the green one)

Thanks again in advance...
PigLib

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay heres where i am at...

I have removed the green crt board and resoldered all solder connections.

Reconnected and same problem

by chance i removed the green crt board with the tv on and when i did the blue and red bulbs came on and work perfectly (no smearing of picture)

needless to say i can watch tv but the whole picture has a magenta hue to it.

Seems to me that the issue is in the green crt somewhere and is related to that tube getting too much voltage and forcing the other two to shut down.

Someone should let me know if im on the right track here.

Thanks Again
piglib

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttt
minnie

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rap on the tube with it running and tell me what happens.
piglib

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response minnie! Gave the green tube several good raps and nothing happened. What now?
minnie

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you taker the speaker grill off and try to turn down the green screen control?
piglib

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are refering to the small dial on the crt board, then yes.

i also adjusted the focus control located on the board that is located on the right wall of the tv.

had no luck with those either

any other ideas? your help is greatly appreciated.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the picture look over all?
piglib

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have been using the tv without the green crt board plugged in so it is working fine but the whole picture has a magenta (pink) hue to it.

with the green tube plugged in the other two tubes shut down making the green completly overpower everything.

???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия