electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
TV Noise - Buzz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BretMan

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: TV Noise - Buzz Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I have what I think is a common issue but never understood why it happens. Back in the day of TV antennas, certain channels may provide a good picture and sound good, but then if text of some graphic is shown, the audio will include a buzzing sound as long as that graphic is viewable.

I've had satellite reception for a few years now and a certain local channel is now starting to create this same buzz sound when graphics are shown.

Does anyone know why this happens or what causes it???

Many thanks,
Bret
bbp1

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: buzzon audio Reply with quote

dunno know why it happens- but my 1990 Philips 2BS chassis, 26' ctv, does much the same thing- BUT ONLY ON VHF- the 2 stereo leds light up- BUT the VHF is not transmitting stereo!!. Anyway, I forgive the set- in my opinion, the best pic I have seen(perfect registration- as to all of these Singapore Philips). Rolling Eyes [/quote]
BretMan

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input. That's right, but my experience has been that it doesn't matter if it's VHF or UHF and now, satellite. I don't know about cable though.

I think it must have something to do with the signal strength, as the channel it does it in satellite mode is the weakest of the local cannels. I do know some satellite channels come in weaker than others for some reason. I don't know why that's the case since I believe all cahannels are coming from the same satellite. As for VHF/UHF sometimes there can be an obstruction or more distance from the transmitting antenna to cause a weak reception.

Maybe graphics require some extra processing or something, and when the signal is weak the TV unit can't "process" what's required and the buzz is the symptom of an overload or interference issue???
bbp1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only happens irregularly, only on VHF band 3, in evening- so I think whatever is is from transmitter- but then again, how do you know?.could it be neighbour down the road doing something, or power supply dipping due to increased consumer demand?- whatever, is minor in my case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия