electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Isolated DC-DC converter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JP

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Isolated DC-DC converter Reply with quote

Im in need of generating an 115 DC voltage from 230 AC main voltage. the current output is maximal 800mA. Im looking around the net for the most suitable topology for this type of conversion.

I have looked on the flyback topology and it looks promising, but am i on the wrong track with that one and is there a more suitable type of cuircut?

All sources discussing flyback converters that i have found on the net are working with much lower voltages and i dont know if it is possible to scale up that kind of cuircut.

Does anyone have links to more detailed sources on designing and dimensioning of a suitable kind of dc-dc converter for my application?
opal

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: ac-dc Reply with quote

Hi,
first i like to mention that im NOT any good at complex electronics,
and i would like the ones that KNOW to awnser rather then me.

i only GUES.

so you need about 115 V DC? What for?

i mean "normal" in that area of voltage would be AC (for example US-Power for end user electric stuff)

you can NOT convert Voltage DC to DC for powerelectric stuff,because transformers only work with ac! you need to convert for example AC 230v to AC 115V with a transformer that has half the windings of copper on one side than on the other, then convert
your ac 115V to dc 115V with minimum 1 diode (bad) better:
bridge converter (contains 4 diods, or just use 4 Diods), even better:
bridge converter plus condensor plus reels (flatens the dc better)
best:
use an elctronic - switching - acdc adapter that gives a realy flat and stable DC Voltage, deppends on what you
want the power for?
im curios what you want to do?
besides of galvanic proccesses or something the like in chemistry i can not think of a use of 115v DC?
so tell me please, what IS your application?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия