electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
powertech inverter 24v to 240v sine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bbp1

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: powertech inverter 24v to 240v sine Reply with quote

any circuit info on this nightmare?All major comp removed replaced as nec- still same -shuts down 2 secs"o,load". Sad Sad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if there are any current measuring shunts (low-ohm resistors) on the 24 V side, most likely connected in series with the emitter/source of power transistors, and that those resistors haven't changed values. Beware that there are sometimes several such resistors in parallel.

For measuring such low resistances (probably between 0,01 ohm and 0,5 ohm), a four-wire resistance bridge should be used, not an ordinary DVM.

If you find a suspect low-ohm resistor, then try to figure out which kind of fault could possibly have caused a current surge through it (shorted semiconductors etc), and double-check suspect components once more.
bbp1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:10 am    Post subject: Dc to ac inverters Reply with quote

Thanks Guest for your suggestion re lo ohmic res- have measured using 2 different lo ohm testers- appears to be spot on at 0.02 ohms- the whole goddamn problem is I can,t get circuit, or info, or even repair book, as you can with tv etc- so I have r/p/checked ALL COMP INCL 19 ic- many hrs spent- STILL THE SAME- WHY,WHY did I take this mongrel on- another repairer could,n,t fix after months- I have even wrote to maker (Pakistan) - no reply naturally- I saw a website where 100,s of posts were about "circuit-please". My suggestion to all is not to touch these- you can,t win unless a simple fault. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия