electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
"Err" on RCA VCR display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobHoward

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:02 pm    Post subject: "Err" on RCA VCR display Reply with quote

I have an RCA VCR, model number VR701HF, that's about 5 years old. It's never had a problem until recently, when it started displaying "Err" and locking up. When this happens, it stops whatever function it's doing, and I have to cycle the power to get it to clear up. This usually happens several times consecutively before it will work again.

It will usually do this during a forward or reverse search, or occasionally during playback. I suspect it happens during recording as well, since we sometimes wake up in the morning and find it displaying "Err". This happens with both pre-recorded commercial tapes and blank tapes we use for recording shows.

There's nothing in the user's guide about this "Err" condition. I've tried brand new tapes, and ran two different cleaning tapes through the machine several times, but I've seen no change in the symptoms. There's been no change in location, temperature, humidity, or anything else like that.

Any ideas what might be going on, how to fix it, or what I can do to troubleshoot further? I'm perfectly willing to pop the top and poke around; I don't want to throw this thing out just yet! Thanks,

Bob
alltronix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be the mode switch is intermitant. You can take it apart an d clean the contacts. Also it could be dirty reel sensors or some weak caps in the power supply.
Stacey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Hey BobHoward ...I have the EXACT same problem..not sure if it's the same model, but it is an RCA and is about 6 or 7 years old...no reason that I could find that it started happening... Have you found a solution, aside from buying a new machine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия