electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Daewoo Plasma dp42 dead
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigJim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Daewoo Plasma dp42 dead Reply with quote

I have a plasma screen which gave up the ghost. it simply wont turn on! apparently there is common psu fault on it which spikes another board as it dies.
according to daewoo repairs it is the psu and y sustain board which fail but i am hoping someone knows which particuar components need replacing as i can not find any obviously dead components....
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
Jamie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got any idea's? please!
gary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: PLASMA Reply with quote

I AM WORKING ON 1 OF THESE PLASMAS WITH SAME FAULT, SPARES ARE NOT AVAIL SEPARETLY, HAVING TO REPLACE BOTH PANELS, NOT CHEAP
mark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a board level repair. basically you need to take it to a daewoo servicer.

you can figure out which board it is on these sets by unplugging.
its such a low end plasma set that, at least in my area servicers that were once daewoo authorised stopped working on daewoo over those plasma displays.
we stopped working on just the plasma displays, because they are horrible.
good luck in finding a servicer, let alone parts.
last one we worked on it took 8 months to get a sustain board, and it was NOT cheap.
jamie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got the contact detail for the daewoo service centre which is a unit set up by daewoo to sort these out. they keep the boards in stock and want £300 for the 2 boards...... i just hoped there was a component level fix
jamie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surely someone knows!?
icbloh2o

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DP42 just died in the same way. It is making a buzzing sound when I first turn it on which quickly goes away, but the picture won't come up.

I hope someone out there has some help for us.
PeterG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: dp42sp Reply with quote

hi, im new here. I have a 42' plasma dawoo that broke yesterday. the bottom half of the screen went blue, then it popped and reverted to standby. when i turn it on it crackles loudly flashes dimley once then pops back to standby. great , just what i wanted 3 grand to do. Anyway, i rang daewoo and got hold of a nice techy person. He said (off the record of course) that to check if a board is wrecked you must check its voltage at a particular point. these testing points are inside the tv (back off) and on the top of the middle( psu) board, with the correct voltages on a factory enginer tested sticker to the left of the board. to test, you must turn the set on, then using the chasis as a ground put a DC voltmeter on the testpoints. Record this number. then turn off the tv. remove carefully the cable supplying the testedboard ie vadd, vsus, attach your voltmeter again and turn the power back on. if there is a difference, ie drop of voltage then that board is wrecked. I think a capocitor on the left board is the offending component, it is keeping charge when it shouldnt (you may get sparks!) and this causes a line effect *(humbarring in the trade). at this point if your problem is the same as mine you may have apicture, albeeit crap. No doubt my explanation will confuse some, please email me or reply on this message board.. [email protected]
PeterG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for my spelling above I rushed it. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия