electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Dell p992

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Wizard00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Dell p992 Reply with quote

This is very wierd. This monitor decided it wanted to go fuzzy. It is normally still read-able but it is almost like everyting has a shadow. Now after time (which is not time related) the whole screen goes completely fuzzy. you can't read anything, even in a game it goes to the point you can't do much it is hard to distinguish what it what. The only catch is Videos play fine even when you can't see the rest of the screen. So if I can't see any text and double click on whay I know is a video it will all seill be fuzzy, the media player screen options will be fuzzy, but anything in the play box will look perfect, no blur, no fuz, only the video how it was supposed to look. I was leaning toward the flyback but I would think even videos would get fuzzy if that was going. Now what I can do is shut off the power for 30-60 seconds and it resets the monitor to the usable blurry and I have that small window before it goes to the unusable fuzzy. I have tried downloading the schematic but I still have no luck getting it from here. I have tried allowing pop-ups and it still will not work :S Anyone have any ideas?
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Parts & Service manual up on my site for $9.99 and instant download.
http://www.justmanuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1881

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
00Wizard00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may pay for the service manual if it can help. I do not want to waste $10 if it is a waste of my time only to find out the part will cost me $100-$150 for the part. ( looked up the price of the flybacks). I saw something in my post I wanted to clarify. It is time related but it is not a set time. I can't say 20 mins and it goes very blurry. Some times it is 5 mins, sometimes it starts going blurry and returns to just semi blurry or like last night I went over an hour and it never went blurry. What kind of circuit will control everything but video playback?
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGelsman wrote:
I have the Parts & Service manual up on my site for $9.99 and instant download.
http://www.justmanuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1881

plamensl
Site Admin

Add to tips
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:56 am Post subject: Excessive advertising Reply with quote
All messages, containing excessive advertising, unrelated to the forum's topics or containing multiple URLs will be deleted without notice.
Please, find another place for your spam

Are you going to help him or sell him???
00Wizard00

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was hoping it was going to be cheap and easy. Well it may still be but not knowing which circuit would control all but Mpg's. It is so wierd it has me confused. I can wait for the whole screen to go blurry. After it does I can double click on an mpg and windows media player will come up. I can't ready anything, I can't tell which is play/stop, etc. But the movie playing in the media player window is crystal clear. In my opinion I would have to say the crt and the flyback has to be working good. I think if either of those 2 went it would always work or always be blurry not this will work and that will not work. Thanks to any who looked but did not know how to advise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия