electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KP-53S25- intermitant green and red, constant blue crt
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleanalby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Sony KP-53S25- intermitant green and red, constant blue crt Reply with quote

I have a Sony KP-53S25. My problem is that I have a constant blue crt, and the red and green are intermitant, but they both come on and go off togeather. I noticed that when I do an auto channel program, they seem to come on when a channel is detected, or when I change channels. They only come on for a split second and then go back out.

Does this sound like cold solder joints ? Is there anywhere in particular that I need to be looking? I don't have any schematics or manual at all. Are there any free sites that have them ?

[email protected]
Thanks
Allen
cleanalby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Sony KP-53S25- intermitant green and red, constant blue Reply with quote

I am also noticeing that whenever I change a channel, the green and red light up briefly.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKB error. Auto kiddy bias. Shut the set off. On the remote press display, the number 5, volume down, then power. Or is it volume up instead of down. Can't remember. See if your getting an error on B+ or....
cleanalby

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have a remote for it.
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird lines, set lights blink, only way to tell is to get the error codes. My guess, one or tubes are bad. Picture sucks??? You can try adjusting the screen control.
cleanalby

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "BLUE" picture is fine. No weird lines either, just have a completly blue picture. When the green/red fires up they appear to be as bright as the blue tube. If I wanted to check the boards in each gun, would I dissassemble the entire projection assemble, where all three guns are attached, so I don't mess with any of the alignment ? Also I tried removing the board that connects to the tube itself to see if corrosion is the culprit. Did not seem to help, though I do notice that the time in between the blinks is shorter and when they blink, they seem to stay on just a little bit longer. Anyway I wanted to check for cold solder joints and component failure. Is the proper dissassembly method ? Also can you get into diagnostic mode wirh a universal remote or through the console in the front of the tv? I don't have the origonal remote. Thanks Kindly
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you don't understand. You're on your own.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm blown away. I do believe that if I signed up to give people advice on this subject matter, thats what I would try to do, to the best of my ability. Apparently you don't take it serious enough or couldn't be bothered with all the extra typing involved. I also subscribe to what goes around, comes around. You may have very well given one of very dear most loyal admireres, a reason to slam ya. Not to fret, I'm sure that someone else will step up to the plate and demonstrate the proper method for ya.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Wow, I'm blown away. I do believe that if I signed up to give people advice on this subject matter, thats what I would try to do, to the best of my ability. Apparently you don't take it serious enough or couldn't be bothered with all the extra typing involved. I also subscribe to what goes around, comes around. You may have very well given one of very dear most loyal admireres, a reason to slam ya. Not to fret, I'm sure that someone else will step up to the plate and demonstrate the proper method for ya.

Sorry, wrong post here. Hey anonymous, got a name? If your going to post have the balls to put a name behind it.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One hit from Sony, no picture has sound. Replace IC301.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия