electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LED on new speakers not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave151

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: LED on new speakers not working Reply with quote

I bought some new speakers the sound seems to be find but there is 1 LED in each speaker and 1 speaker is not lit. check link.

http://static.filefront.com/images/personal/c/consciz/34384/qvchbiyist.thumb500.jpg

I would like to fix the problem if possible, if not I guess some how turn the other LED off, as you can see it looks bad 1 on, 1 off.
I don't really want to send them back for this because they were only cheap speakers and it will cost a 10 for sending it back.
Is it possible to open up speakers without messing anything and to fix this? They are magnetically shielded if it makes a difference.
Let me know if any more info or pics are needed.
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, you'd need to get access inside the speaker. Can't be sure, but looking at the pix, appears that you may be able to go thru the center speaker? I do know that a lot of the cheaper made speakers are rather difficult to take apart without some sort of cosmetic damage.
dave151

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, im not too worried if a bit of the paint chiped or something but it wont mess up the sound or something by opening them?
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it should not as long as it can be put back together.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you take it apart looks at the LEDS each one has 2 wires sticking out they maybe connected in series one after the other if that is so breaking a connection will shut the string off . or if oyu do not want ot get inside than there must be feed wires for the LEDS by trail and error find the speakers wires then disconnect the other wire that will kill it for good. my choise is not to get inside.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия