electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba HDTV Bad picture when cold
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Toshiba HDTV Bad picture when cold Reply with quote

Advice please for the non-techy.

I have a Toshiba widescreen HDTV bought in 2004.

When you turn it on now you have full audio but a very wavvy/staticy/blurry picture that flickers and you are still able to see some color. If you leave the TV on for a while, this behavior eventually subsides after about 20 minutes. It seems to happen only when the TV is cold or hasnt been on for a bit.

Any suggestions? Does this sound typical? How can I keep from being taken to the cleaners by the service desk at the store we purchased from?

Thanks
bbp1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost certainly there is an internal fault/s- all you can do is check power ok, antenna ok, then find honest repairer.
cory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure model number. but these have a hyper module in them just in front of input pcb.on top labelled avp 12,13 or 14.if so you need to replace it or replace capacitors in module.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cory wrote:
not sure model number. but these have a hyper module in them just in front of input pcb.on top labelled avp 12,13 or 14.if so you need to replace it or replace capacitors in module.

Correct. But this can get tricky. If the picture is still messed up you may need to load the default data back to the eprom.
aaron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be my best option? taking it to the best buy where I bought it or searching for a TV repair shop? What kinds of things do I look for, what do I ask, how do I prevent from getting scammed like at the car repair shop, etcetc? advice please. Thanks for the input already.

Cheers
Aaron
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell them you need the hyper board repaired or replaced. List the board is about $195 with labor expect about $350.
boo03649

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Toshiba HDTV Bad picture when cold Reply with quote

aaron wrote:
Advice please for the non-techy.

I have a Toshiba widescreen HDTV bought in 2004.

When you turn it on now you have full audio but a very wavvy/staticy/blurry picture that flickers and you are still able to see some color. If you leave the TV on for a while, this behavior eventually subsides after about 20 minutes. It seems to happen only when the TV is cold or hasnt been on for a bit.

Any suggestions? Does this sound typical? How can I keep from being taken to the cleaners by the service desk at the store we purchased from?

Thanks

have the same problem with my toshiba 42h83 wide hdtv projection from sears and it went in for repairs once already and worked good for a bit now same thing again and now they are saying the board is not available anymore .. so i'm in the same boat i need to fix it myself now .... would the caps be available at local electronics store?
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is still available, Toshiba has them in stock. Same deal. Toshiba has a rebuild procedure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these craps comes from China just because it say SEARS it doesn't mean they made it. to repair it forget it $350 i buy a new one. what you can do is go to radio shack and by one can of freezer that you can safely spray around to find the bad component and replace. be carefull some of the stuff inside can kill. even a spray to blow dust off keyboard will work in your case.
boo03649

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like i'm going to do mod to tv next week changing all caps on the hyper board module with 105F ones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия