electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Fujitsu PDS4207 : Power supply questions / Reference

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VirusCrazy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Fujitsu PDS4207 : Power supply questions / Reference Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm currently searching for any informations about the Fujitsu PDS 4207E-H power supply (PFW-421).
Especially, I need the connectors' pinouts and voltages of those connectors.

I'm having problems with a PDS4207 power supply which output voltages for around 1 sec then cuts out. Prior to this, after a first power supply repair, plasma has worked for around 1 hour (but with a blank picture...only OSd was showing correctly)...Problem is the fault is different from first repair.

Any information is welcome.

Regards, Jerome
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried disconnecting the X and Y sustain boards individually to see if the voltage stays up?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

when I disconnect the two power connectors which goes to the PDP, it's still doing the same thing so I know the problem don't come from the panel. Plus, yesterday, I tried to test the photocouplers on the power board with a voltmeter while powering the TV and...the tv powers up and show the picture (all white picture but OSD was ok) for 1 second before switch off again. I was able to do this a few time and now, TV do the same thing as before.

Is it possible that photocouplers are the reason of fault (maybe they don't detect the feedback voltage?) Is there any way to test them (either their input or output) ?

Best Regards, Jerome
VirusCrazy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I managed to make it starts again some time when measuring some voltages on the main power board but it still cut's as soon as the picture is dispayed (it starts, display the input name on the OSD then picture comes on briefly and the power is shut down). no matter if input is connected or not.

Any idea of what's wrong ? Does someone have the same panel and know the connectors normal voltages ?

regards, Jerome
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.plasmavision.com/

Must use IE.
VirusCrazy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it supposed to help me ???

This is the official website of Fujitsu. The plasma I own is not more under warranty and asking them to repair it would make me throw it away as the less expensive board of those kind of plasma are around $400...plus, their technical service won't tell me any information to help me repair it because even authorized service centers don't have service manual for those plasma. They just do board level repair, not component as I do.

I need some help to repair it by myself as I did with the previous one...but this time, it seems a little bit more difficult so I need reference to compare with my measurements.

Regards, Jerome
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VirusCrazy wrote:
Is it supposed to help me ???

This is the official website of Fujitsu. The plasma I own is not more under warranty and asking them to repair it would make me throw it away as the less expensive board of those kind of plasma are around $400...plus, their technical service won't tell me any information to help me repair it because even authorized service centers don't have service manual for those plasma. They just do board level repair, not component as I do.

I need some help to repair it by myself as I did with the previous one...but this time, it seems a little bit more difficult so I need reference to compare with my measurements.

Regards, Jerome

Lets see,
By your own admission you said it's board level repair. So unless you have the same model right next to you to compare voltage readings to, coupled with the fact there is NO schematic available even for authorized service centers, which leads into trying to buy parts with out the OE part numbers, your options are quite limited. So I guess being pushed towards the manufacture would be the, obvious solution? Or start replacing component by component. I've had this discussion here too many times. I do this for a living. I am factory authorized and they don't tell us squat except what suggested retail is on the board. I'll keep checking but it's people like you and I who start replacing obvious parts until it's fixed. So yes, pushing you towards the manufacture is the best advice. You need to put a fee on your time and aggravation with this set. This is going to be your second repair. I'd be more concerned I paid thousands of dollars for this set and it's the second time it's broke. I'd be up Fujitsu's a@@ so far asking them what kind of crap do they sell. And yes, you are correct. The average cost per board is $400. Never ever would I buy a plasma. I'll keep looking.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, I've bought this unit as faulty because I already bought one a few times ago and I've repaired it. Unfortunately, Fujitsu glue one wire in those set and they had the good idea to glue it on one of their chip pins so when the wire come of, the pins are broken and the component is an FDK one so can't change it...

This time, it's the Power board which is faulty. I've already changed the usual parts that blows on it (my experience from the previous unit...) and It worked for an hour after this with white picture but goos OSD (so I guess the PDP is OK...). Now the problem is that it only starts when I disconnect the VS connector from the power supply (i've find that yesterday). I guess there is a problem with the Vs circuit and I will try to find out where.

You are certainly right when you say I will spend a lot of time trying to fix a so complicated TV but in fact, I do this as a hobby and as a "challenge". I don't want to pay $400 for a board which I can repair for a few $50 (that's the price I paid for the two IC's I exchange on the first unit I had and this time, I find those same IC's for 6€ in France...).

Anyway, all information will still be helpfull. Even if someone have the same unit and will give me voltage (yes, I know, i'm dreaming...).

Best regards
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep up with this, but like I said the manufacturers don't care. In three days, 3 bad light engines for DLP's, new and defective, one bad signal board Mitt's rear pro jo. Also new and defective. I'd love to say replace Q614 and D112. Factory tech support for factory authorized service centers is nothing more than a home based moron answering a phone.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your informations.

I've started to draw the schematic of the secondary part of the main power supply as I discovered that when I unplug the Vs connector, the plasma start every times. I'm going to go further and maybe I will find the solution. Anyway, It believe I can find the solution but it will take time...but I have time...

I also have a philips 41GR8840 DLP tv waiting for a full convergence set...but as I don't have any procedure and only electrical schematics of it, I wait for someone to give me the flow chart. There is something like 40 potentiometers to set it up so I don't wan't play with them.

Thanks again.

I will continue to search for my fault and maybe someone will have sone good advices for me.

Regards, Jerome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия