electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
VCR entangling or eating my tape....

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adela [email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: VCR entangling or eating my tape.... Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for allowing me to post my VCR problem.

I have a Panasonic VCR Model PV8662 for about 4 years which works well except today: while time recording it stopped, and when I took out the cassette to see what happened, and saw the tape was caught inside so I PULLED it out and tried to roll it back into the cassette, but the tape was wrinkled and kind of twisted, and it didn't get all the way into the cassette. This happened on several occasions in the past but then I was able to roll it back and view and reuse the tape.

While I'm totally mechanically illiterate Sad would this be something I could fix myself? I KNOW if I take it to a repair shop in NYC where I live, they'll tell me it's a serious thing and will charge me with an eye of my face....

Please help and thanks ever so much! Adela ([email protected]
tsgunnell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pinch roller is the usual culprit .are vcr expensive in the states our local asda which is owned by your walmart sells vcrs for 32.72 gb pounds i dont know how much that is in dollars .but people hardly get their vcrs repaired they stick them in the bin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: re: vcr Reply with quote

Are you kidding ? VCR`s are $40 go buy a new one
Adela

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello tsgunnell and Guest:

Thanks very much for your replies. I paid $300 for my VCR and that's why I thought I'd like to see first if it's something that I can do or that's worth having repaired. However I understand your suggestions. Problem is while I prefer a simple one, I also like the advanced commercials and a couple of other simple features which I have now, and these may make them more expensive.

I intend to start searching for a new VCR. Thanks again! Adela
The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites, or women for men. Pulitzer Prize Winner Alice Walker "The Color Purple"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия