electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
viewsonic 32in lcd tv power supply broken
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wapa2ee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: viewsonic 32in lcd tv power supply broken Reply with quote

I have a viewsonic 32in lcd widescreen and the power supply went out. A new p/s is not coming soon and I want to try and fix the old one. I found it has a blown capacitor on the circuit board. But I dont know the size strength etc. of the capacitor. Can anyone tell me how I can get this information. I want to buy one and have it soldered in
I know the model and serial number from viewsonic of the p/s but they I doubt actually made the p/s any help would be appreciated
rsfusion77

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Capacitor Reply with quote

You should be able to see the value on the body of the capacitor, for example
100uf, at 35V...Is the cap damaged on the outside?
Ralf
wapa2ee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: unable Reply with quote

the capacitor is apprx 3/4in tall and it was destroyed. just a small bit remains at bottom and two internal metal pieces stick up
there are 3 other just like it in a row but each has a different value
all I can see is the board stamping C38 inline with the other 3 C37,C36,C35
rsfusion77

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Model number Reply with quote

You'll need to include a model number as well, as different models, will have
differing parts.
Ralf
wapa2ee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: numbers Reply with quote

The tv is a viewsonic 32in lcd/tv wide screen
n3260w model#vs10847-1m
the power supply is item # from the website is B-00005305
s/n OH 00000194 there are 2 different power supplies on the website listed for the n3260w my p/s board and the site show this is the one I need
fsp228-3f01(spi) I think that is the model# its the only thing I can find other than this is etched on the board next to the fsp (E59670)
thats all I can find except under the s/n is D/C 06 03 10
hope that helps
Ron22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does your TV do when you power it up? I have a Viewsonic N3251W LCD TV that just gets a high pitch buzz when I turn it on and no display at all. I looked over the powersuplly board a little and did not see jump out at me.
Viewsonic list the Power supply board as Out of stock or I would just order one.
joefair2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey wapa2ee,
Maybe we can help each other out.
I also have an n3260w with an fsp228-3f01(spi) power supply that has a blown capacitor.
I think the capacitor that is blown on mine is C33 but I'm not sure. (I'm at work right now)
If we do have the exact same power supply, I can look at my board and give you the voltage and capacitance for the one you need if you'll give me the specs for the one I need.
joefair2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the remains of my old blown capacitor off today and I think C33 on my Power Supply board was a 33uf 35V but when I replaced it the TV still wouldn't power up all the way and I could hear something starting to fry again. I suspect something else is causing that capacitor to get overloaded. I just went on ahead and paid the $60 to order a new Power Supply from ViewSonic. Now I'll just have to wait up to 90 days to get it since they're out of stock.
rtrantham1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Repair Reply with quote

Alright listen up everyone. I have 6 Viewsonics N3260w lcd tvs. C33 is 33uf at 35volts. But heres the real catch Q7 on the other side of the P/S is the problem. I check this with a good power supply and determine that Q7 transistor is shorted and will cause over current and voltage in the caps . This will cause caps to swell up or explode. I hope this helps
joefair2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what the specs are on Q7 ???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия