electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
"no disc" error on Sony MV-900SDS DVD Player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadmw7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: "no disc" error on Sony MV-900SDS DVD Player Reply with quote

I have a Sony MV-900SDS in our car that recently had 2 discs(made for only 1) stuck inside. I was able to get them out without taking it apart but since then when it loads a disc it says "reading disc" and then "no disc". After reading up a little about this kind of thing, I took it apart to see if it was spinning or not. At first I thought it wasn't spinning at all but then I noticed that sometimes it tries to spin just a little. I've also noticed that when I put in a disc it makes a sound like it's starting to spin up (always does this 3 times) then nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried cleaning the 'eye' with isopropal alcohol? (optics)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it can melt the glue holding the lens on!!! this minnie needs to stop giving people bad advice. two posts i have seen so far, two terrible replies from minnie. take it to someone who knows what they are talking about. why do you morons insist on taking electronic items apart when you obviously have no idea what you are doing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Minnie gave you good advice,he knows what's taking about, not like some people that post here that know nothing about electronics, you are being unfair to some one that is there to help all the time, if his tip was not good in your case, you should ask again and not degrade his help,
kenray

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: cleaning laser lens Reply with quote

i've been cleaning laser lens's for years with alchohol, it does no damage to the lens, other than cleaning it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия