electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
trouble with kv34hs510 not turning on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badshrimp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: trouble with kv34hs510 not turning on Reply with quote

i have a 34 inch kv34hs510 that has worked fine until today. We turned it off and walked out the door and i can't get it to turn on. unplugged from surge protection and cable box and there has been no storms in the area to speak of....i can hear it attempting to turn on then it seems to shut off....help.....
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times does the red light blink?
badshrimp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it blinks 6 times. it came on once and one of the kids must have pushed the on off button instead of using remote....
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The regulated 5V line is monitored using Q2314 and Zener diode D2310 (3.6V) on the M-board. The output of
the 5V regulator IC504 is applied to the emitter of Q2314. In normal operation, Q2314 is turned ON and D2310
is conducting holding the base at 3.6V. Approximately 2.8V is applied to System Control IC2300/pin 43 indicating
proper level of the regulated 5V line.
If the 5V line falls below approximately 4.5V at the emitter of Q2314, D2310 will stop conducting, Q2314 will turn
OFF and a Low will be applied to IC2300/pin 43. IC2300/pin 69 will then turn OFF the AC relay.
The AC relay shuts down and the Stand by/Timer LED flashes a 6X sequence.

IC504 #6-700-898-01
cory

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minnie dosent this set have that 18 pin ic for high voltage startup and regulation.3001? on top of ic.ive seen this ic give false reading of error code for low 5 volts.also same ic in power supply.one usually goes bad.ive found as long as 135 volts from power supply is there it is the high voltage ic.near flyback.
badshrimp

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: not as savvy of tech fix Reply with quote

Minnie/Cory the TV is coning on occasionaly and working fine with tutning off with remote and then it stays off for a while. based on your description is this something a novice like myself can do or do i need someone with your skills? If so what will this set me back roughly...thanks.
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real fix is, seeing as the D board is no longer available, Sony calls it a phase 3 repair. You send the D board in, they jig it, fix it, and send it back. Only thing is A1300319A subs to RRA1300319A.

http://www.tritronicsinc.com/

The cheapest way to do it right. Just be aware there's a $100 core. You get that back when they get your board back.
badshrimp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnie does it make sense to have a tech come out? like i say i am a novice and figure i will do more damage trying to get to the board....if so can anyone give me some near 21054 zip code that they would recommend?

thanks for all the help and advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия