electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Identify component
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Granito

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Identify component Reply with quote

What is this?
Looks like a common transistor TO-92 and has the following printed on it.
RTAD-BAPOD. Definetely not a transistor.
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...May still be a transistor ? --may simply be a "house number"

What is it out of? How/if does it measure? any reference on the board? pictures?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Una forma Ingeniosa de Reparar los reguladores STR 10006 y similares / procedimiento aportado por Gustavo A

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:

What is it out of? How/if does it measure? any reference on the board? pictures?

It acts like a voltage regulator. 12V in and 2.2v out. The centre lead is pegged to ground through a diode. It is U1 on the board but they use IC9 for another voltage regulator. The 2.2V is supposed to be Vcc for a display. This is a CD player/radio etc. Audiologic.

I don't have any diagrams or anything. The 2.2V doesn't seem like a Vcc voltage. Maybe I am wrong.
Granito

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this was my reply

Anonymous wrote:
vtech wrote:

It acts like a voltage regulator. 12V in and 2.2v out. The centre lead is pegged to ground through a diode. It is U1 on the board but they use IC9 for another voltage regulator. The 2.2V is supposed to be Vcc for a display. This is a CD player/radio etc. Audiologic.

I don't have any diagrams or anything. The 2.2V doesn't seem like a Vcc voltage. Maybe I am wrong.
Granito

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Una forma Ingeniosa de Reparar los reguladores STR 10006 y similares / procedimiento aportado por Gustavo A

Sorry amigo, can't reply in spanish. That's a 5 terminal device, mine is 3 terminal. Not sure what you are suggesting.
vtech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granito wrote:
Sorry, this was my reply

Anonymous wrote:
vtech wrote:
...May still be a trans

No doubt it is some kind of a reference regulator & yes the 2.2 V does sound low (the diode on the ground leg actually adds about .6 V to the output)----- but it may still be ok depending on the display ckt . ---some things to check (w/out a print)

1) Are there any electrolytics on that 2.2 volt line? (V Ratings could give an indication)

2) What type of display is the 2.2V feeding? Are there any numbers on the display itself? or does it use a display driver?
Granito

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
Granito wrote:
Sorry, this was my reply

Anonymous wrote:
vtech wrote:
...May still be a trans

No doubt it is some kind of a reference regulator & yes the 2.2 V does sound low (the diode on the ground leg actually adds about .6 V to the output)----- but it may still be ok depending on the display ckt . ---some things to check (w/out a print)

1) Are there any electrolytics on that 2.2 volt line? (V Ratings could give an indication)

2) What type of display is the 2.2V feeding? Are there any numbers on the display itself? or does it use a display driver?
Granito

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screwed up previous post

Electrolytics are 16V

The display is
Arlight R&D Ltd.
NXT-402 Display board
20-T4025-02
I can't find anything on it.

No separate display driver.
Problem is all control lines go into the display and out of it. Including Power on/off.
It doesn't power up the display so nothing works.
Some processing takes place in the display
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you undrestood about the capacitors; 16volt electolytics on the output line which reads 2.2v?---Ok, that is more than obvious that either it is being pulled down or the regulator is bad.

Again, IF infact there are 16v electrolytics on THAT line, you could safely substitue an external DC supply (~5-9 V) as a test measure. Otherwise, try finding a print which may be a lost cause in itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия