electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Onkyo TX-DS676 Will Not Power On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NewBee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Onkyo TX-DS676 Will Not Power On Reply with quote

One day, my receiver stopped working. With the Power switch engaged and the red led on, I press the standby button but no response.

I pulled the unit out and removed the cover. I inspected the fuse and looked for signs of a failed component. Fuse was good, and all PCBs were clean. It was as if the relay was not cycling. So I tapped on the relay, and tried again. Nothing. So I tried to take the cover off the relay to inspect its mechanical operation. I couldn't get the cover off. However, when I plugged the unit back into the power, it was working. I then put it back into the rack, hooked it up, and it was fine. Then, an hour later, I tried to turn it on again, and it would not come on.

Questions: Since the relay did function, I no longer suspect it. Is there some protection logic at play?

What else could I check?

Is it worth the effort?

Regards,
Todd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many receivers have a protection IC that monitor many things before they allow the set to come on.
It sounds like faulty solderjoints in your case, turn the board over and check them with a magnifying glass.
NewBee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: Still not powering on... Reply with quote

I verified and reseated the solder joints. Still the problem remains. Any other ideas?

Again, the Power switch indicates power (red led is on), but the standby switch does nothing. The relay is not firing.

Now, I unplugged it for a long time, enough to discharge any capacitors. And it worked again. By the time I was done connecting all of the components back to the unit, the problem had returned.

Help?
kikusui

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: dead tx-ds676 Reply with quote

I have the same problem i can´t start my receiver one time i take out power supply and reasemble and then it´s work but wend i reconnect the equipament don´t work any more again and now i don´t know what i must to do stby buton don´t work the receiver don´t wor the relays doesn´t wor can some body help me??
steinof

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: I have the same problem with my Onkyo TX-DS676 Reply with quote

Have not pinpointed the source of error, but it seems to be in the standby relay area, maybe the relay itself. Not that easy to solve as the receiver suddenly works again. I have not tried it mylself yet, but it should be easy to bypass the relay, and just unplug the mainscable to shut it down when testing. Relay should be tested if voltage is present at the coil when not in standby. If not, either a fault in the relay control circuit or maybe a protection mode has occured. Anyway a schematic or a service manual are needed. I think I have one for a 575, but I'm not sure that it is usable. If anyone solves the problem, please post. I will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия