electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Compaq s910 monitor dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Compaq s910 monitor dead Reply with quote

I have one of these monitors and it now refuses to turn on..... it started by clicking overnight when left on standby for long periods and got slower and slower to turn on after pressing the switch. now it just doesent come on at all. is this a cap in the power supply does anyone know and which one is most likely?
thanks in advance
jamie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone, please?
walter58

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: compaq monitor S910 Reply with quote

hello,
it could very well be a capacitor in the power supply, so you have to look in the neighbourhood of the PWM chopper IC,which powers up the chopper transformer in the power supply. I have no schematics, but look for an electrolytic cap in the range from 1 uF to 100uF ; in many cases a voltage divider is made to feed the switching IC,so if this voltage is too low, your monitor won't start.
Check also the caps in the secondary part of the main power supply,it could be that one of them leaks, their values are greater, range from 100uF to 2200uF/40 volts.
succes !! Wink
Walter
jamie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your a star! Smile
I'l get hunting and post the result

thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie,
check these links, I have an s910 that does the same thing, takes varying amount of time to start and does the clicking in standby. Have'nt fixed it yet but found your message and the following couple of links that describe fixes. let us know how you go, Ill have to get my lazy butt in to gear and fix mine.

Cheers
Dave

http://www.electronics-forum.info/repair/Compaq_s910_standby_325808.html

http://www.electronicsrepair.org/8784-reCompaq-s910-standby.html
Jamie

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. i have got the back off again and actually identified the 2x caps (c843/5) as looking suspect. the schematic says they are 1uf 250v non-polarised which is as fitted in my monitor but i am having difficulty sourcing them.
he says the capacitance is not too important but i am not sure how far to go away from standard........
any ideas where i can get them from?

cheers
Adrian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Compaq s910 monitor dead Reply with quote

Hi Jamie,

I've got a Compaq S910 monitor with the same problem like yours.
Have you fixed it or have you found a schematic for the monitor it would help me a lot.
thanks,
Adrian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия