electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
sony trinitron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: sony trinitron Reply with quote

KV-32LS35U standby light is flashing on and off. Please advise
ctselectronics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: re Sony TV Prob Reply with quote

How many blinks? should be a series of blinks, then a pause then repeated.
spider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

two blinks
ctselectronics

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 blinks = B+ Overcurrent protection. Check this page for Other Blink Codes: http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyBlink.html
Have you checked the HOT?
chucker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: kv-28wf1e 2 blinks led Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the above Sony tv and it wont start up, I get the initial start up burst but then the audible click and the led blinks twice which means overcurrent protection.

Can anyone advise how I can fix this in easy terms please ?

thanks
gary

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHECK THE LINE OUTPUT TRANSISTOR Q533 FOR SHORT CIRCUIT, IF IT IS SHORT REPLACE WITH GENUINE SONY TYPE ONLY, ALSO REPLACE THE LINE OUTPUT TRANSFORMER, R518 MAY ALSO HAVE BEEN DAMAGED IN THE BEAM LIMITER CIRCUIT, IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THERE MAY BE SOME DAMAGE TO THE E-W CIRCUIT AND ALSO THE MICRO PROCESSOR HAS BEEN KNOWN TO FAIL AFTER THE LINE OUTPUT TRANSFORMER HAS BIT THE DUST, NOT THE BEST CHASSIS SONY HAVE EVER DESIGNED!!!!
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original post is 2 years old, I would guess that he already got it fixed.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gary wrote:
CHECK THE LINE OUTPUT TRANSISTOR Q533 FOR SHORT CIRCUIT, IF IT IS SHORT REPLACE WITH GENUINE SONY TYPE ONLY, ALSO REPLACE THE LINE OUTPUT TRANSFORMER, R518 MAY ALSO HAVE BEEN DAMAGED IN THE BEAM LIMITER CIRCUIT, IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE THERE MAY BE SOME DAMAGE TO THE E-W CIRCUIT AND ALSO THE MICRO PROCESSOR HAS BEEN KNOWN TO FAIL AFTER THE LINE OUTPUT TRANSFORMER HAS BIT THE DUST, NOT THE BEST CHASSIS SONY HAVE EVER DESIGNED!!!!

Thanks for that Gary. Since I know nothing about electronics and circuits, any chance you could give me any photos / images to use as a guide, before I screw up my tv even more.

Many thanks.

p.s. the previous post which is similar to mine is 2 years old, my post is only a few days old.
gary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a repair suitable for a novice, i have no pictures of such a repair and may not get another set in of that chassis for a couple of weeks, you will probably be best taking it to a local repairer, ask around and get a personal recommendation on who to take it to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия