electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
gps travel pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: gps travel pilot Reply with quote

Hi everyone my first post.

Apologies if this has been dealt with on other posts....
I need some help please, When I travel around the Continent, using GPS
although most countries are preloaded I find that for example, France is partly main motorways only, that means that when I come off Motorway the streets are not shown.
Dose that mean that the preloaded software is not fully complete ? and that I must purchase an update for other countries other that the Home country.
I have GPS TravelPilot from Bluepoint.
I would appreciate any replies......
boggy Germany.
wolfdogg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it could mean that the data isnt available, but since memory only holds so much, you may be able to specify to the gps company that you need data for greater france.

GPS just gives your position coords, and sometimes track your route, everything else is a per brand software issue and needs to be pre loaded. Sometimes manufactures offer rs-232 connections etc.. and you can uplink, and downlink software to your PC, in wihcih case you need to see if you can locate the France Data that oyu need. i would start with a search on the manu's website, then to a phone call to the manu's company looking for the software if you have the connect-ability to a pc.

also there may have not been any research done in those area due to governmental undersight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия