electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Pioneer 9191 Cassette Deck

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Islandflavah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Pioneer 9191 Cassette Deck Reply with quote

I have a Pioneer 9191 tape deck-it will not rewind or fast forward-But it records and plays just fine. i opened up the case all all the belts are on seem to be in good condition. Someone said it might be related to the Memory/Stop/Play button for automatic return to the Zero Reset counter....Or is there a adjustment of some sort. Was working fine a little while back... Thanks! I would like to fix this myself as there are not any techs that will work on older gear- over here in Kauai,which means I would have to send it to the mainland to get it fixed=Ouch!
tsgunnell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the tape counter moving when you rewind/ff .the arrangement on most decks is a belt that turns the counter and usually a ring magnet which revolves with counter given pulses to a reed switch if the counter stops the mechanism will trip to off state
Islandflavah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: 9191 Reply with quote

The counter does not move-If I engage FF/ Reverse it will click off in about 2 seconds. No movement at all on the drive wheels... The counter does however move in Play position. I've tried engageging and deengaging the memory button and have tried the counter reset to see if this will do anything- But still no go...
tsgunnell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

study the mechanism .there should be a belt that connects to one of the tape reels and the small pulley under the counter that turns the counter and make the numbers turn check to see if the belt is triying to turn the pulley if it is i should think the belt is stretched and slipping when used in ff/rew
regards terry
Islandflavah

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: 9191 Reply with quote

Thanks Terry. I checked and the belt seems to be tight enough and semi new-two years ago-I had it completely serviced. May be an idler problem then? Thanks, Eric
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия