electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Problem Philips 27PT543S37A L01.1U TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smcacc03

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Problem Philips 27PT543S37A L01.1U TV Reply with quote

I have a problem with my 2 year old Philips TV 27PT543S37A L01.1U AC-7638 not powering on properly.

Problem: Power on TV, TV will make a humm/buzz/click noise for no more then 5 seconds and then the TV appears to go dead but the green power-on light stays on. It will stay like this indefinately with no picture sound or power. If I hit the up/down channel button one time it will click/buzz/humm again like its powering up then go dead again as before 5 seconds or less.

Workaround: However, if I continually press the channel up/down button it will no longer go dead after 5 seconds or less and the picture will slowly start to appear on screen, garbled at first but slowly grow larger and clearer to fit screen until it looks like a normal picture after about 30 seconds of continuously hitting up/down channel button. At this point the TV will run continuously without problem until the next time it is turned off. I also noted that if after running correctly for awhile and I shut off, then turn back on, the length of time I have to contually change channel to get picture is shorter then the 30 original seconds when cold. The length of time it takes for picture is exponential to the amount of time its benn since I turned off TV eventually going back to square one. So to me it appears when warm the picture comes on that much quicker.

I hope this clearly states the problem and not too much info. Sorry for the length. Any clear answers/help (I am not an electronics wiz) would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to tell a friend with more experience the resolution if I can find it and the parts etc.
kpn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with this TV and can not find out any information can someone please help

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem on philips model 27pt543s37a will not power-up without changing channels for 5 minutes. I found a site where tech's post Q & A's, the transistor number 7461 is leaky between collector and base - needs to be replaced, and a capacitor rated 47 uf (microfared) at 25 volts, should be upgraded to a 47 uf at 63 volts, with a temperature rating of 105 degrees vs 85 degrees. Hope this helps, I guess we were lucky that ours lasted 3 years prior to problems.

Don
nevraphilips

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Thanks for suggestion will sure try! Reply with quote

I have just ran into the very same issue with Philips model number 27pt543s37a and the set is just almost 3 years old. I do hope this is a repair that the average handy, somewhat knowledgeable with electronics at least computer repair...can handle. By the time I can get the picture to remain on, the news is over! Only reslove I can see at this point is Boat Anchor or Class Action suit! Any Intrest??? I have a 20in Zenith that has worked great since college, which at 47 years of age...was not under 3 years. I do realize that television sets have dropped in price, but quality or workmanship should not be the ultimate price. Whats a person to do? Thanks again and if nothing else at least we can see we are not the only person experiencing poor consumer choices! Maybe next time I'll check out these sites prior to my purchases! Thanks
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C2455 47m @ 25v. is a common problem. Replace it with a 47@50v and it should never happen again.
weworkwithu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Philips TV 27pt543s37a Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
C2455 47m @ 25v. is a common problem. Replace it with a 47@50v and it should never happen again.

I'm having a problem finding a service manual for this TV. can you help?

Philips 27pt543s37a
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.samswebsite.com/photofact/pf_search.asp
bash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Philips TV 27pt543s37a Reply with quote

weworkwithu wrote:
minnie wrote:

Philips 27pt543s37a

check this link

http://manuals.electromaniacs.com/category.php?id=1
bash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Philips TV 27pt543s37a Reply with quote

bash wrote:
weworkwithu wrote:
minnie wrote:

Philips 27pt543s37a

check this link

http://manuals.electromaniacs.com/category.php?id=1

in case that you have solved your TV set problem, kindly post the solution as we have so many consumers that experienced this kind of trouble. My set is 21pt3324/71 under L01 chassis. I have changed the suggested parts that needs to be replaces but still problem exists. I am still trying to figure out why my set HV/deflection is going out.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f the set runs for approx 30 secs before shutting down check the setting of the screen voltage it is extremely critical, the adjustment procedure given in the manual needs to be followed precisely, only problem is that takes 2-3 mins to do!!!! fine adjustment of screen control may get the set to run long enough to carry it out accurately, great design or what!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия