electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
70sbx74b convergence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stgwmi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: 70sbx74b convergence Reply with quote

After an audible pop the left side shows red green blue all the way in the upper corner in a rainbow effect. Letters on the lower left show with a blue, green, red shadow. Obviously it is related to convergence, but all adjustments with a crosshatch show the guns seperated on the left and they can't be lined up. The whole screen is pincushioned. The right side of the screen lines up on crosshatch. If anyone can help it would be appreciated greatly.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace IK04 and IK05 with STK392-180's, check RK46 1.8 1 watt, RK42 2.7 1 watt, RK62 2.2 1 watt, RK58 3.9 1 watt, RK50 2.7 1 watt, RK54 1.5 1 watt.
stgwmi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: finally back Reply with quote

The day you posted the answer is the day I headed to the hospital - completely unexpected. I'm back - put in the resistors and two 160e, much better picture, the magic focus works whereas it used to stop at G and give the error code 5. Did a manual focus from service menu and still have about the same problem but the picture I can see is really quite good. The images I posted are of the grid, leftcorner (the major problem) and what might be a clue, the wavy horizontal lines that appear every once in a while across the center (much, much better after replacing the ics) or about five appear a third of the way down and five more 2/3s of the way down. When I pulled the resistors they all tested correctly and I checked the new ones after the repair and they appear to be fine. Thanks again for your help, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner with thanks. I'm getting closer - the picture is a BUNCH better.

minnie

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the speaker grill off and the front panel and look for the white button on the left board. Press that and it will put you into the convergence service mode. Recall selects green, 0 red, 'input' blue. 4,6,2,5 move you between lines. The curser moves the lines. recall 5 times allows you to adjust the lines.
Move twice stores your work. Move then pip channel to re-initialize the sensors.
\
You need to try and straighten out the bent lines and make them as straight as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия