electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Solar panel Project help request!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Solar panel Project help request! Reply with quote

Hi there,

First things first, I’d like to say this looks to be a great forum. There are some very interesting topics on here, and some very clued up people giving out priceless advice. Hopefully I’ve come to the write place.

I am currently in my final year at Manchester Metropolitan University studying for a degree in mechanical engineering. For my final year project, I have been given the task of coming up with some kind of back up system for a household immersion heater. This system must “green” powered using an array of solar powered photovoltaics (PV).

In the aim of getting a good mark, I’ve decided to look into installing a small DIY system to my home for testing purposes. But have come across a major stumbling block as I can’t seem to find a heating element or device that can be powered using such a low wattage give off from a small solar panel. I’ve searched high and low but have had no luck. I was wondering if any of the geniuses on here could point me in the direction.

Any help would be very helpful and much appreciated,

Thank you,
Stuart
wolfdogg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly,
your wattage can be derived from battery banks. the panel just charges the banks on a daily basis. The battery bank, however big you need calculated by teh amp hour ratings, will supply the power, not the panel. the panel just charges teh batteries and the size of which is determined by the size of the battery bank.

what kind of power is required?

what is an immersion heater?
wolfdogg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

certainly,
your wattage can be derived from battery banks which also allows 24 hour operation reducing dependency on the sunlight. the panel just charges the banks on a daily basis weather permitting. The battery bank, however big you need calculated by teh amp hour ratings, will supply the power, not the panel. the panel just charges teh batteries and the size of which is determined by the size of the battery bank.

what kind of power is required?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ