electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Problem with Samsung P-401 DVD player

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smackman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Problem with Samsung P-401 DVD player Reply with quote

This DVD player distorts the color on my TV. It plays but the colors are everywhere AT TIMES. I have cleaned the optics internally. It will work then all at once the colors just distort. I moved this DVD player to my bedroom and it started off "messed up" but has cleared up AGAIN for now. I know its not the RPTV because it was doing this on my old tv before this. This has been a on going problem for YEARS. I have come to the conclusion its not a dirty Lense or mirror because I have tore this unit down and cleaned it with pure alcohol more than once and air dryed it with can spray. I have become a Samsung expert in tearing a DVD player apart. HAHA. My philips DVD player plays without issue.

What is going on? What external interference problems could be causing this? What am I possibly overlooking internally. This player will work perfect for a month then all at once the colors go everywhere with ANY DVD I put in the player. I know this is a older player but very few DVDs have been played in this unit maybe 100. Thanks ahead for help and advice. I am a Electronic Technician but do not specialize in DVD players.
Onkyo 790 AVR hooked up 5.1
Philips 5982 DVD player
Samsung P-401 DVD player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this without the dvd player there might be something wrong inside the t.v. maybe an electrolytic capacitor needs to be solder.
smackman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Try this without the dvd player there might be something wrong inside the t.v. maybe an electrolytic capacitor needs to be solder.

Try what? Nothing is wrong with TV. The back TV has been in the front living room before and it messed up then but only while in front room. My TV is not a problem.[/b]
Philips 5982 DVD player
Samsung P-401 DVD player
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you getting the same results using ANY of the outputs or have you tried them all? (component Vs Svideo Vs Composite) I have worked on quite a few units and color symptoms almost always had to do with connections on the RCA connectors & on very rare occasion an encoder IC or loose connection somewhere on the main pcb. ---any laser related issue has to do with reading/playability on a disc & has no bearing on color whatsoever.

Of course, unless a connection issue, it won't be worth the trouble.
smackman1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
Are you getting the same results using ANY of the outputs or have you tried them all? (component Vs Svideo Vs Composite) I have worked on quite a few units and color symptoms almost always had to do with connections on the RCA connectors & on very rare occasion an encoder IC or loose connection somewhere on the main pcb. ---any laser related issue has to do with reading/playability on a disc & has no bearing on color whatsoever.

Of course, unless a connection issue, it won't be worth the trouble.

It has mesed up with component video ans video. It is a "come and go" problem. For the longest I had it hooked up svideo then went to component with my newest TV. Currently I have it hooked up to back room TV svideo because this is the best this older TV offers.
Philips 5982 DVD player
Samsung P-401 DVD player
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия