electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Phlips 37pf7320a/37 LCD TV Power On Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azkwest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Phlips 37pf7320a/37 LCD TV Power On Failure Reply with quote

My 37pf7320a/37 LCD TV unit fails to power up.

Upon attempting to power up, the unit clicks in the upper left corner and a green LED comes on in the lower right corner. After about two seconds another click can be heard in the upper left corner and the green LED goes out... a nearby red LED flashing on once, pausing and flashing on 4 times before pausing again. This pattern with the red LED repeats until the unit is turned off.

I've attempted to reset the unit, disconnecting the power cord and reconnecting it while holding the power button in. This did not resolve the problem.

Anyone have any clues as to how to interpret the LED codes on a Philips' LCD TV?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Phlips 37pf7320a/37 LCD TV - No Power Red Led Flashing Reply with quote

In addition to help interpreting the flashing code(1 - 4), I'm wondering if anyone knows what chassis this model is based on and whether there are service manuals available. I've not been able to find any service manuals through the regular channels(servicemanuals.net, user-service-manuals,com, etc).
azkwest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've learned the 37pf7320A/37 runs off the BL2.3U AA chasis... any information as to potential faults or sources for service manuals would be appreciated.
azkwest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Philips 37pf7320A/37 (chasis BL2.3U AA) Power On Failure Reply with quote

Does any have information as to interpreting flashing LED code or securing service/diagnistic manuals for this set?
electronic guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lot's of cases,the convertor had the problem,cause it's won't drive the background light on,and the unit won't on,and the led show the fault
bad Philips tv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same TV and same 1+4 pulse LED fault problem, and still looking for solution. Do you know where is the converter located? is it on the MF supply board? During my debug, when i disconnect one cable between the "audio standby" board to the board that connects with UHF cable-in (with eprom and DRAM), then the red LED goes away, but TV is still off. (for debug only) so i think maybe the fault is within one of those 2 boards. any thoughts?
bad Philips tv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Error 14(audio supply) Reply with quote

I finally ordered the manual from "manual paradise", and found this error14 is a combination of 2 faults. The first is that you check the voltage at the 3A95 resistor, located at main control board (B3E). 2nd is that you need to findout why there is absence of power at the audio supplies board. The problem for my situation is that the "MF supply" board is faulty within. In short, i paid $250 for the MF supply board from partstore.com and now the Tv is fix. I would never buy Philips again. absolute junk.
bad Philips tv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Error 14(audio supply) Reply with quote

btw, the 1st fault check is to check for overcurrent at the resistor locate at 3A95. you will need the manual because otherwise, you will never find its location, the resistor is one of those tiny surface mount type. i suppose you check the voltage at the 2 node, and then divide the voltage difference over its resistance to observe current.

i found the manual itself is difficult to troubleshoot down to component level so most likely you will need to replace the bad parts from board level like i do. (unless you are professional level of course)
gearhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Philips lcd 37pf73020a/37 blinking 1 then 4 Reply with quote

Thanks to this forum I took a chance based on what I read in user name, "bad Philips tv" and replaced the power board and it worked. My tv is 7 or 8 year old and so I have had good service and hopefully for a couple more years. I puchased the powerr board at the link below for $80 + shipping. So happy it worked!!!!!! encompassparts.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия