electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
I need help with 2 laptops Samsung P29 & Acer Travelmate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coleraine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: I need help with 2 laptops Samsung P29 & Acer Travelmate Reply with quote

I need help with 2 laptops Samsung P29 & Acer Travelmate 290series.
The Samsung boots ok but nothing on screen or external monitor,I have taken it apart to look for any sign of faulty chips but it looks good.
I have removed different parts 1 at a time and tried to boot that way,still not working,so I built it fully again and slapped the back of the laptop a few times
and then the next time the screen came on,so i checked the the inside of the lcd ,looking for a loose conecting,did not see anything it looked ok.It sometimes stay on for about 1 hour and sometimes just for a few mins then it freezes the screen hangs and when i reboot again the screen does not come on.It only seems to work the odd time after I slap the back of the caseing.
Please help.
Now the Acer Travelmate 292 when pluged into the mains the battery light is amber colour as if its charging and when i Press the power button the power light lights up green for about 2 seconds and then switchs off,the battery light stay on but no other life from the laptop.I disasembled it looking for visual faults but found nothing so rebuilt it ,the same problem is still there.
Please help...
Cheers
My First post so be kind......

Sad
tsgunnell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an e book on lap top repair will try to upload to manual data base
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Acer TravelMate 290 Series Parts and service guide on my site at
http://www.justmanuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=15692
$10.79 and instant download. The file is about 6 mb and 112 pages or so.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, the samsung sounds like a vga chip fault, most likely a dry joint. i expect it is a bga chip which makes it hard to repair without the special bga rework equipment. as for the acer i would say its one of the power chips faulty, most likely to to be max.... , e.g max3428 or what ever they use also check for dry joints around the dc power input socket. hope this is of some help??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия