electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Conflict between Conrac 32" LCD TV and Logik digital Bo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowshine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Conflict between Conrac 32" LCD TV and Logik digital Bo Reply with quote

I had this Conrac LCD TV connected to a pace digi box to watch digital free to view TV for three years. The pace box was the "first one" ever to be released in uk.
sudddenly the pace would not start relaying the picture. When switched on the indicator light will keep turning to green & orange for at least 15 minutes prior to stay on orange to allow to watch the pictures[ Normally Green indicator light is to say the Pace is on but no TV signal, Orange to indicate signal ok& working normally, and Red comes on when put on the standby mode - this is on the Pace Micro Free to view Terrestria Digital Box]. I do not have saterlite digital box.

I went and bought a new Logik Digi box to be able to watch the tv as soon as switched on[without the need to being "warmed up" of my Pace micro Terrestrial Free to watch Digital Box]. This worked flawlessly for three weeks. Now after TV is on for 30 minutes suddenly a number- 555 appears on the top of the TV screen in a small-box where normally the TV channel number appears when changing channels. Once this 555 appears I could not change anything ie-channels,sound,standby, nothing can be changed either using the remote control or at the main digital Logik box!!

I borrowed a friend's Digital Box again it is Logik and it happens the same 555 appears at the top of the box and I cannot change the channels, sound or any other functions.

Is that mean my Conrac LCD TV is broken.{I paid £800 three years ago and cannot afford for a new one] My other TV lasted for 30 years!!

I would greatly appreciate your advice and help. Please help me.
snow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try disconnecting pin 12 of the scart lead, its used for serial data communication between different pieces of equipment by some manufacturers, i have had it causing some weird faults.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия