electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Rear Projection won't power on - 50FX30B
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Rear Projection won't power on - 50FX30B Reply with quote

I have a Hitachi 50FX30B rear projection set that won't power on, no power LED on fornt panel. It started shutting down after playing for a little while (or being unplugged) but now nothing at all, except a click when you turn it on.

There is a series of green LEDs that would light up when it was working but now all I get is the RED Protection LED.

I have the Service manual from this site (thanks to whoever posted it) and have a background in electronics, but am considering if it is possible to identify the defective component. Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: re: dead set Reply with quote

Hi, If your led`s don`t stay lit your set has a short, check all of the
little chemical fuses near the led`s one or more are open, once you
find the open fuse that`s the line with the shorted part on it, I would
say without some experience with tv repair your probably not going
to be able to fix it yourself, time to call a tech, Larry E
KS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. the chemical fuses that you refer to what do they look like? Resistors without the stripes?

I re-checked last night and the green LEDs do not come on at all. After plugging in the set about a second or two later the Red Protect LED slowly turns on (takes a second or two to reach full brightness).

I have identifed the major components on the board including transformers T901 & T902, all five LEDs and two blue Ceramic capacitors that appear to be connected to the output of the Regulator I901 (for DC smoothing purposes I assume) and most of the regular fuses - I had read a thread here where someone had a similar issue where one of the blue caps and a chemical fuse blew and after replacement all was OK. The symptoms seemed identical, but I beleive in his case the green LEDs would turn on briefly before the protection tripped - don't know if that makes sense and what is the significance of mine not lighting at all?

I'd really like to try and identify the issue since I called three different repair shops and got estimates of between $600-900 Shocked

If I can get hold of a complete replacement board I might even do that to avoid any more issues, but I'm not sure if there would be much setup/ calibration required. Thanks for any ideas/assistance.
mark

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd really like to try and identify the issue since I called three different repair shops and got estimates of between $600-900 Shocked

WOW.

its got a power supply problem, and that sounds TOTALLY EXTREME there...
I dont know where you are but... $600 is WAY OFF TARGET for that...
couldnt tell you what to do without knowing more about it.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: 50" rear projection won't power up. Reply with quote

I'm in the Tampa, FL area and any suggestions are welcome.

I even decided I'd take the plunge and upgrade to an HD set, bought the Hitachi 57", but had issues with the picture - almost like a grey film over the entire picture (depending on the background), it was almost like looking at the picture through bugmesh. Took it back to the store and now I'm even more desperate than ever to get my ole' 50" fixed.

Let me know if there is any more specific info. that might help with some direction on this.

Thanks in advance!
KS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Hitachi Rear projection Dead Reply with quote

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm getting tired of the 27" instead - Just got the Star Wars set Smile )

After the 57" HD experience I don't really want to go the upgrade route.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I am experiencing the same symptoms. Set turned off on me yesterday and will not come back on. I have hitachi 50 ultravision 50UX27K. When I turn power on I hear a click but nothing happens. When I opened up the back I too notice I am getting the red LED illuminated which is labeld on the PCB as protection. I don't thing I am getting any of the green LEDs to come on as well.

Any additional information to this thread would be great since it seems I too have the same issue. When I get off work I will look into the fuse some more.

Thanks
Ricky
eyegrigg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:43 am    Post subject: rca tv problems Reply with quote

when i plug my rca big screen tv in an alrm sounds and no picture

does it need to be rebooted......or is it a warning of some kind
Unlucky320

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Rear Projection won't power on - 50FX30B Reply with quote

KS wrote:
I have a Hitachi 50FX30B rear projection set that won't power on, no power LED on fornt panel. It started shutting down after playing for a little while (or being unplugged) but now nothing at all, except a click when you turn it on.

There is a series of green LEDs that would light up when it was working but now all I get is the RED Protection LED.

I have the Service manual from this site (thanks to whoever posted it) and have a background in electronics, but am considering if it is possible to identify the defective component. Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks in advance.

I have the exact same problem. My Hitachi 50FX30B was working fine, turned it off for a while, went back a while later turned it back on and came on for a sec then cut off and won't come back on. It has the same red LED lit, and the same click when you try to power it up. Did anyone figure this one out yet? Please help!!
Stephen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Dead Hitachi Reply with quote

You should find the line driver, usualy located next to the HT transformer on a heat sink,check to see if shorted by disconecting the collector. (Hopefuly you know how to check a Transistor). I sound to me this could be the problem, if the driver is not shorted check if you have line voltage on the collector of the driver should be +/- 115 volts d.c. if missing prehaps theres a problem in the supply which I doubt as the set is going into protection usualy a result of a short in the line.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия