electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba SD-V280 Snowy Picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjduckk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Toshiba SD-V280 Snowy Picture Reply with quote

Hi there! I had one of these Tohisba SD-V280 DVD/VCR combos cross my bench today, and I'm looking for some tips. It has a very snowy picture while playing back video tapes, but the picture is fine through the DVD player and the tuner. I cleaned the video heads, capstan rollers and guide pins several times and still the same snowy picture. I recorded a video with the unit and played it back in another VCR, the picture was still snowy.

Any ideas?

Also, if anyone has a service manual for this machine, that would help me out. Thanks!

regards,
-c.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a RF modulator/tuner problem. In the old days, you could repair or replace the part.

If i am not mistaking, pretty much all of their dvd/vcr units are cheap non-field serviceable units.

Cheap crap not worth to be messed with.---cross the boared with most if not all brands.
cjduckk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could it be an RF modulator issue if the picture from the tuner is crystal clear?
vtech

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misread your question. If VCR playback is snowy thru V/out, could be anything from a grnd/connection issue in the head amp or the V head itself.
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.astimag.com/asti_home.htm

Try replacing the head. It's probably going to cost more than the unit is worth.
carl french

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try earth bar on top of head lift clean
essam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Toshiba SD-V280 Snowy Picture Reply with quote

you tried , record and played on another vcr it means the head it self was broken , replase it .
cjduckk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's something odd I missed the first time I looked at this unit... When I rewind, cue or pause the playback, it looks very good. Nowhere near as distorted. Makes me think it's not the heads, but a fault elsewhere. Now, the question is, what might cause this kind of thing? The best way I could describe the picture while it is playing is there's a band of snow across the bottom, and above that the picture is warped, and very dark. Thoughts, folks?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check if there is any tape transport problem that causes wrinkling of the lower edge of the tape at the drum. It can sometimes happen that the adjustable tape guides are improperly locked and become maladjusted.
Another possibility is if the capstan bearing is worn so that the capstan slopes away from the pressure roller.

Also, if the VCR has more than two heads on the drum, it might be possible that it uses one pair of heads for rewind and cue and another pair for normal playback. If then there is a problem with one of the playback heads, that could give this symptom.

Try checking the RF signal after the head preamp while playing back a tape and se if this can give any further clues. If the VCR has a manual tracking control, see if the snow band always is in the same position or if it moves when adjusting the tracking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия