electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LG PDP42V7 Plasma TV - sound, but no picture.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graeme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: LG PDP42V7 Plasma TV - sound, but no picture. Reply with quote

Hi all.
Smile

This is an LG Plasma screen TV.
Full model number PDP42VB74013.

With a couple of DVD players connected to the AV inputs, you can power-up the set and select the input you want all with the remote control, however, there is no picture at all.

Not even on-screen graphics.

Set will not start at all, if the YSUS and ZSUS boards are connected to the PSU, and there was a blown fuse on each of these boards.

I replaced the fuses, but then the set refuses to start at all.
If you unplug the PSU feeds to the YSUS and ZSUS boards, the set starts, but with no picture(as to be expected), yet you can get the sound with no problems.

I suspect that the main PSU board, part # 3501Q00156A Rev. A is faulty, however, I would like some confirmation.

A search of the net has resulted in the hint that YSUS, ZSUS and PSU boards should ALL be replaced.

Thoughts?
gary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a modification kit for this fault, contains 3 pcbs all of which must be replaced, amazingly cheap, check out http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/misc/pdp42v7-pcb-repai-kit-lg-6871qch053g-ctrl-6871qzh041b-zsus-6871qyh036d-ysus.htm
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact LG, most LG set are 2 year warranty. But Gary's correct, their cheap!
Graeme

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link!
Checking it out...
Smile

G.
gib123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a hitach 42pd3200 plasma with this same fault, have done some research and found that the ysus board and zsus board in this kit will fit but i cant find a ctrl board in my tv that matches the one in this kit, any help? would i have to buy a seperate control board if any? or would a change of the zsus and ysus boards be sufficient?
gary

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the control board must be replaced with the new one, it is mounted behind the av input board, the replacement one looks different and is physically smaller but does the same job, dont forget to swap the heatsinks over.
dave1234

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem. I have a rebadged lg using the 42v7 panel. When I plug in the tv, I get the red standby light, when I press the power button, the light changes to blue, then I get a clicking noise, and the light changes back to red, it then clicks again turning blue... This process keeps repeating itself, until I unplug the tv. The clicking noise is coming from the power supply board.
gary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check to see if any of the fuses have gone on the sus boards if they have fit the kit
dave1234

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't think that its the power supply? Not sure if I should buy a ps and the ysus repair kit. I see a lot of these kits for sale, but they are in the UK, and I am in Canada. Would these still be compatible?
gary

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the fuses on the sus pcbs? a blown fuse will mean the power supply has no work to do and so the set will not run. i must admit i have only seen about 20 of these sets and dont know how reliable the psu is but i do know the sus boards are very unreliable, have never had to change anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия