electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Magnavox VR9242 Shaky Picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjduckk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Magnavox VR9242 Shaky Picture Reply with quote

Hey there... Had a Magnavox VR9242 cross my bench. Of course, all the work order said on it was "Doesn't work." My favorite. =)

But anyhoo... As far as I can tell, the issue is that the picture during video playback wobbles horizontally. I cleaned the heads, capstan, guide pins, etc., problem persists. I tried recording a video with it and played it on another VCR, and it wobbled there, too. E-E signal is steady from line as well as RF. Any ideas folks?

regards,
-c.
gary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while in playback press pause, if picture still wobbles horizontally then the most likely problem is bearing failure in the lower drum, suspect that would be very expensive.
cjduckk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you happen to know if the video head in this model is the same as any other models? I can't seem to find it in the asti parts list.
gary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO IDEA, IT IS NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UK. BEWARE ITS NOT THE HEAD YOU REQUIRE BUT THE DRUM ASSY.
cjduckk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Completely read that wrong. Oh well, no worries. The work order was cancelled as soon as I mentioned the word "expensive." =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия