electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Mitsubishi VS-5042 Color Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zokvicds

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi VS-5042 Color Problems Reply with quote

Hello, I have a Mitsubishi VS-5042 rear projection TV that is about 10ish years old that I got for free. Everything is fine for about the first 5-10 minutes that I have the TV on for the day. After that, it appears that the blue color cuts out. The default screen for the TV inputs is blue, and that goes to black after this time period. All the other images then appear to have a yellowish / green tint to them.

I'm wondering what the problem is and if it is a relatively cheap / easy fix. I don't really have the money to buy a new TV, especially if I can get this one fixed reasonably. I've heard that it might be the convergence board, but that doesn't seem right, because it's not a problem with colors lining up, it is a color cutting out. Could it just be one of the bulbs, or a transistor somewhere? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a weak blue tube. You can pull the speaker grill off and remove the front board and try to adjust the blue screen voltage. If if it makes any changes.
zokvicds

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any tips on how exactly to change the voltage, and how much? I'm not exactly the most knowledgeable guy in the world when it comes to fixing electronics.
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn the screen control either up or down. Going up should cause blue lines then shut down.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this something that can be safely done with some care while the TV is on so I can observe the results?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put a mirror in front of it so you can see.
zokvicds

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no luck...now there is just no color as soon as I turn the set on. Any other suggestions?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now no tubes are lighting?
zokvicds

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, mistyped...only the blue tube is malfunctioning. So changing the voltage didn't help.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're probably looking at the blue tube. You could try to put one of the other crt sockets on the blue tube and see if it lights. With the age of the set, not worth repair. Did you look for fluid leaking?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия