electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sound Localization, MC, and Neural Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tian

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Sound Localization, MC, and Neural Network Reply with quote

Currently I am working on my final project. My final project title is “Design and Implementation of Mobile Robot Sound Tracker Based on Artificial Neural Network”.

I want to make it embedded with battery as the supply.Very Happy

Any idea where should I learn first? Where should I start first?
Should I use Microcontroller Atmel AVR or Microchip PIC?
What Neural Network type I work to?
Should I use Fast Fourier Transfom (FFT), Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), or not use at all?
What is motor type I working with? Is DC Motor is OK?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend that you first develop your algorithms in a programming environment that you already are used to (for example, writing the code in C for running under Windows or Linux on a PC). Then, at a later stage in the project, port the code to a suitable microcontroller.
Regarding Atmel or Microchip, both manufacturers have a wide range of microcontrollers. I think you should first put down a requirement specification when you know how much you need of I/O, communication ports, analog inputs, PWM, code memory, RAM memory etc, then match this specification across the selection guides of the microcontroller manufacturers to choose a suitable part.
In the past, Atmel has been known for having development tools (compilers, assemblers, debuggers etc) of better quality than Microchip has, but this maybe has changed now.
The choice of motor technology is not critical, just make sure that you know how to build control circuitry for the chosen motor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your comment.

Quote:
I would recommend that you first develop your algorithms in a programming environment that you already are used to (for example, writing the code in C for running under Windows or Linux on a PC). Then, at a later stage in the project, port the code to a suitable microcontroller.

I already did your advice. Then...

What Neural Network type I work to?
Should I use Fast Fourier Transfom (FFT), Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), or not use at all?

Also...

How to store float type data with external memory?
How to choose which frequencies my robot working to? How to calculate with Nyquist Theorem in practice? It is depend on ADC read or MC sequential process?
torbjorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The C compiler will probably take care of how to store float type data. Regarding the details of which transform to use etc, i think it is better to study textbooks on the subject as well as code examples that might be found at the microcontroller manufacturer's web sites. This is not really my field of profession.
nikomaster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try a DSP Microcontroller, or try to find another system because a Neural Network uses a lot of processing power.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия