electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Trying to identify a resistor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firehawk256

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Trying to identify a resistor Reply with quote

Hi. I am trying to identify the resistors in the photo labeled RV5 and RV6. Anybody know what an RV is? Does the symbol or the "14" mean anything for the value? The schematic of the circuit shows a resistor symbol with a circle around it if that helps any. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

epilectrik

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it might be a fuse link. Check it with your meter and see if it reads as 0 ohms.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are actually four identical circuits. RV5 and RV6 (on bad circuits) show about 2200 ohms. RV7 and RV8 (on working circuits) show about 4 ohms. Think that could be a fuse link?
frank

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to identify a resistor Reply with quote

[quote="firehawk256"]Hi. I am trying to identify the resistors in the photo labeled RV5 and RV6. Anybody know what an RV is? Does the symbol or the "14" mean anything for the value? The schematic of the circuit shows a resistor symbol with a circle around it if that helps any. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I can't beleive, you expect us to give you any values without you giving Modle#,Chassis # and so on?
firehawk256

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! I just found the circuit board components in the parts manual. I feel like such an idiot now.

It is listed with part number E0-04526001 and the description says MINISMDC014-2.

BTW, sorry for the lack of info. It's on a Toshiba eStudio 211c. I don't know how to find the chassis number but it's the LGC-319S board.

Now off to see if I can buy these things. Unless someone here can get them for me?
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are fuse protector and actually "resetable" . Not sure of the availablity in small quantity tho?
Digikey & Newark list them

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/index15486.html

http://www.newark.com/jsp/level5/module.jsp?moduleId=en_US/9390.xml

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! At least now I know what they are. Any idea how to reset them? Or do they maybe automatically reset and the fact that they are not indicates that they are bad?
firehawk256

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ Oops! That was me. Didn't realize I wasn't logged in.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct--not resettable. Suppose to auto-respond within it's rating, otherwise will burn open
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия